We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Resort near Jerez

kent
Level Contributor
115 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Resort near Jerez

Hi

My son is currently working in Jerez and myself and the rest of the family would like to visit him and spend some time on the beach close to where he is. We are looking for a beach resort hotel, nice beach and not too far for him to drive from Jerez airport.( this trip will also be a family holiday).

We would prefer a 4/5 star hotel but am open to suggestions .Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,881 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Resort near Jerez

Nearest beaches at El Puerto de Santa Maria may not give instant access but some nice hotels. You could consider driving to Rota and look at Duque de Najeera hotel which is central to this town but close to the marina and beach. From Rota it is possible to take a catamaran ferry over to Cadiz. Along this coast you have some nice beaches facing the Atlantic. Further along you have Costa Ballena with its resort hotels.

The coast south of Cadiz along Chiclana beach La Barossa and a little further south at Novo Sancti Petri have some excellent hotels which give access to some wide sandy beaches.

Both areas are easily reached by car from the airport using the Jerez by pass road.

Or of course you could decide to explore Cadiz city itself with fabulous Playa Victoria beach and plenty of interest in the old city with choice of eating out. It is possible that the reformed Parador hotel Atlantico may reopen in time for your visit. This hotel is very well positioned for exploring the old city and close to the public beach that is popular with locals called La Caleta.

Medina-Sidonia...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Resort near Jerez

The nearest beaches are those of El Puerto de Santa Maria, especially those to the west of the town in Vistahermosa and El Ancla, you can certainly find suitable accommodation in Vistahermosa.

Sanlucar de Barrameda may seem further on the map, but an excellent dual carriageway connects Sanlucar with Jerez making it perfectly possible to enjoy the coast from the city! We have lived here in Medina Sidonia for 8 years, drop me a line of you need any further information.

Kind regards and have a fantastic holiday!

Gary Biston

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,122 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Resort near Jerez

Gary, LOVE your town, it is one of my favorites. Hubie

Medina-Sidonia...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Resort near Jerez

Thanks Hubie, next time you visit drop me a line beforehand and will meet you for a fino/beer or coffee if you like! Best regards. Gary

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Resort near Jerez

and we enjoyed your town and lunch in your establishment early November, unfortunately the weather wasn't great for enjoying the view.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Resort near Jerez

bumblebee:

I have enjoyed the Playa Victoria Beach in Cadiz in the past. The width of the beach is huge.

Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Resort near Jerez

We are new to Jerez but love the beaches (quiet) just west of Balena resort. Sorry but we do not know the name but there is a very good churinguito there called I think Entre de Dunas? Maybe someone else can help me out but if you drive west, not far you will pass on the left a restaurant which is closed called Molina something then not far on there are 2 restaurants which are open on the right, you turn immediately left and follow the road to the beach (straight on) This chiringuito is off to the right and there is also another very clean bar rest off to the left. Surfers use that beach and it goes on for miles and miles. You can walk to these restaurants in a couple of minutes. The family running the Entre de Dunas are lovely and although there is not much choice it is spanking fresh with usually a very good estufada daily. Very good coffee there as well and cheap.

Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Resort near Jerez

We are new to Jerez but love the beaches (quiet) just west of Balena resort. Sorry but we do not know the name but there is a very good churinguito there called I think Entre de Dunas? Maybe someone else can help me out but if you drive west, not far you will pass on the left a restaurant which is closed called Molina something then not far on there are 2 restaurants which are open on the right, you turn immediately left and follow the road to the beach (straight on) This chiringuito is off to the right and there is also another very clean bar rest off to the left. Surfers use that beach and it goes on for miles and miles. You can walk to these restaurants in a couple of minutes. The family running the Entre de Dunas are lovely and although there is not much choice it is spanking fresh with usually a very good estufada daily. Very good coffee there as well and cheap.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,881 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Resort near Jerez

You are right about the sandy beaches along this coast facing the Atlantic. I think your Chiringuito is on Tres Piedras beach which is mid way between Costa Ballena and Chipiona.

Chiringuito Entre Dunas

But you wait until the manic months of July and August and this beach will be humming and the Chiringuito will be rocking !

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Resort near Jerez

Costa Ballena is a suburb of Rota in the Province of Cadiz. It is a master planned community that is new and it has an impressive beach with few people on it. Ballena is the Spanish word for whale. The beaches of Cadiz are open to the Atlantic, so they have white sand. Our hotel was the Hotel Elba Costa Ballena, which is a new 4 star hotel that just opened last year. The grounds were beautifully designed with flowers, bushes, and trees, and there were small signs identifying the names of the plants, which was quite unique for Spain. We had a large room on the ground floor, with a big bathroom too. The hotel had modern stained glass windows in the public rooms and there were big lithographs of flowers in every corridor, which gave the hotel a garden motif. The breakfast buffet was stupendous, one of the most complete that I have seen in Spain. The restaurant was huge, with three parts. One was inside the building, another was in an adjacent covered patio, and the third was in an outdoor patio, so you could choose where you wanted to eat. We had a good experience staying in this hotel. The only drawback was that you had to use your car to get to any supermarket or restaurant outside the hotel because everything was so spread out.