We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerez to Cadiz for Carnaval

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Jerez to Cadiz for Carnaval

Hi all,

I'd really like to go to Carnaval in Cadiz in February, but unfortunately all the hotels in Cadiz are all booked up.

Coming from London I can get a great cheap flight to Jerez so I was thinking I would stay in Jerez, perhaps at the Tierras de Jerez or Casa Grande, and then take a bus/train to Cadiz for the Carnaval.

Could anyone advise me as to how this is done? Is this feasible and sensible?...as I really REALLY want to go to Carnaval!

Thanks!

Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerez to Cadiz for Carnaval

Cadiz is a short journey by train from Jerez.

I was in Jerez in May and spent a day in Cadiz. I spent 5 nights at Casa Grande which I recommend unreservedly - it is central, good with advice, beautifully run and only a ten minute walk from the rail station. Cadiz is a fascinating place but Jerez is a stylish and more relaxing city in which to stay. Should you contact Casa Grande (they have their own website) pass on my good wishes to Monica and her staff. Hope you enjoy the area as much as I did.

New York
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerez to Cadiz for Carnaval

Im staying in SanFernando, Cadiz It is just a quick bus ride into Cadiz 5mins @ most.

Iam in Spain from Feb 21- March 10th.

Look me up on most: ie: Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, usscottyb@

Carnaval de Cádiz 2006

Feb 23 - March 5th.

The famous Carnaval in February, one of the most extravagant in Europe. Music fills the air from mandolins, tambourines, guitars, and even whistles. Seemingly everybody in town parades through the streets in costumes. Singing, dancing, and riotous street behavior characterize the event, which lasts all night long, ending when revelers flood the cafes for freshly cooked churros (like doughnut sticks), which they dunk into steaming hot cups of chocolate. The Cádiz carnival usually takes place during the second week of February.

http://www.carnavaldecadiz.com/

I will be there ..

Look me up..

www.usscottyb.com & www.TheBecketts.com