We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Malaga to Jerez

Which Jerez De La Frontera hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Malaga to Jerez

Hello,

I read a couple of this alike questions, but did no realy find a real answer.

I will fly in at Malaga on 4th November at 23:35. What would be the best option?? Shall I take a taxi to Malaga centre and just spend a night in a bar or stay overnight at the airport? (they are open, yes?)

And the next day, how can I get to Jerez, and how much does it cost?

Car rent is not a option.

Please, help

and Thank you!

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Malaga to Jerez

First of all, I'd get a hotel in Malaga and spend the night. If you have time I'd spend a day or 2 in Malaga city - it's wonderful.

The easiest way to get from Malaga to Jerez is probably to take a train to Sevilla then transfer and take a train from Sevilla to Jerez. I was researching recently how to get from Malaga to Cadiz and although there is a bus the semi-direct bus is 4 hours and the other buses take 5.5 hours....and there are only 4 buses per day.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Malaga to Jerez

Any ideas how much the train costs?

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Malaga to Jerez

So it's better to fly to Seville then??

How much travelling with train costs??

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,195 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Malaga to Jerez

Yes best is to fly to Seville (there is also an airport at Jerez but not so busy)

From Malaga to Jerez is either train with change at Seville or Dos Hermanas and cheapest train (Media Distance) costing about €30 one way in total and probably taking 4 hours or so including the wait for connecting..

Or you can take a LOS AMARILLOS bus Malaga to Jerez taking just over 4 hours and costing less than €20. You still need to get from the airport to the Malaga bus terminal but cost not much.

The journey from Seville airport to Jerez is quite easy. Airport bus to Santa Justa station or Prado de San Sebastian bus terminal (costing say €2.30 ) then either train or bus costing about €9

Jerez airport does have flights to Madrid and Barcelona.

Edited: 10:44 am, October 24, 2010
5. Re: How to get from Malaga to Jerez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, April 23, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Jerez De La Frontera