We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ONCE-the "diner"

Which Jerez De La Frontera hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
ONCE-the "diner"

hi,

i am sure i read about a decent, cheap place to eat at lunchtime that was run by the charity for the blind-once i think.

does anyone know if this place is still open, and where it is situated?

regards

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ONCE-the "diner"

It's on Calle Porvera, and I've heard what you have but I've never gone to check it out myself. If you get there and it wasn't what you were expecting, cross the street to La Cañita which is a decent tapas bar/cerveceria.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ONCE-the "diner"

I was begining to think that this establishment was a figment of my imagination! Many thanks for your advice, i shall try and let you know if it is any good on my return.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ONCE-the "diner"

Well, i visited Cafeteria ONCE, and the menu del dia was 7 euros for 3 courses, glass of wine and bread. i had the oxtail which was excellent, and something i saw in many places for almost twice the price of the total menu here!

what i really enjoyed was the welcome i received from the chap that was running the place. he was so welcoming and helpful, and tried to help in english when my spanish was struggling.

i was only sorry that i wasn't able to make a repeat visit on this occasion.

4. Re: ONCE-the "diner"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 08, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Jerez De La Frontera