We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xerez CD Football Home Game

Somerset,England
Level Contributor
980 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Xerez CD Football Home Game

Now that Xerez (Jerez) are back in La Liga we are keen to get tickets for their home game against Athletico Bilbao on Sept 13th during our holiday in

Costa de La Luz. Their website is in Spanish without an English version as far as I could tell - does anyone have details of ticket arrangements (whether you have to prebook, price etc ) or a website in English with relevant info. Is parking easy or should we use public transport - we are coming from Chiclana

Thanks

Sanlucar de...
Level Contributor
196 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xerez CD Football Home Game

You will have little chance of a ticket as all tickets are being sold as season tickets 'currently' and I doubt any or only a small percentage will be available for individual matches.

Ian

www.sanlucar-de-barrameda.com

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,492 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xerez CD Football Home Game

There is a lot of good information about Spanish football on this English language website

http://www.soccer-spain.com/index.php

Be aware that the date and time of the match is not confirmed until about a week beforehand. TV dictates when teams are playing even more so than in the UK.

Sevilla
Level Contributor
930 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Xerez CD Football Home Game

Ian .. I had heard that Xerez had sold 20k season tickets for this season. With a capacity of only 20,500 this obviously leaves little scope for casual and/or away fans to attend matches. I read however that last Sundays attendance against Málaga was only 17,000. Can you shed any light on this?

Also, last season there was an agreement between the Andaluz first division clubs whereby a certain number of tickets were made available to visiting fans and at a reduced price. I have not seen anything about the renewal of this agreement for this season. Did that happen for the Málaga match?

My wife and I are Sevilla season ticket holders and want to come down for the game on 1st November.

Sanlucar de...
Level Contributor
196 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xerez CD Football Home Game

I'll ask around, as I've just come back from a few days in Valencia, normally my local butcher is a great source of info...!

Sevilla
Level Contributor
930 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Xerez CD Football Home Game

Thanks mate. i look forward to your reply.

Hope you enjoyed Valencia. Nice city. We went there last April. Trip slightly spoiled by Sevilla's 3-1 defeat brought about in no small way by incompetent ref. That's football for you.

IAN (Yeah, me too.)

Sevilla
Level Contributor
930 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Xerez CD Football Home Game

I think that I already have the answer to my first question Ian. I managed to locate the Xerez CF website front page (the site is under reconstruction) and the top line reads "16.000 gracias." I suppose therefore that that is the number of season tickets sold.

Sanlucar de...
Level Contributor
196 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xerez CD Football Home Game

If you click on the top where it says Xerexcd you get entrance to the main site, it shows tickets where for sale a few days before the Malaga game, so that may be an option for you? Yet no other ticket info for future games, now thats a surprise NOT...!

Bad ref's I'm use to being a Bolton fan....!!!!

Yes Valencia was really good, shame it's wasn't next week we went as they play Barca at home...!

Sevilla
Level Contributor
930 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Xerez CD Football Home Game

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS .. not only are you called Ian, the same as me, you live in Andalucía, the same as me and now you are telling me that you are a BOLTON fan! ... SO AM I !!!!!

The missus and I were season ticket holders at the Reebok (and previously Burnden Park) until moving out here to live 4 years ago. We shall be down our local Irish pub on Saturday to watch The Whites on telly against Stretford Buccaneers.

SMALL WORLD !!!

Sanlucar de...
Level Contributor
196 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xerez CD Football Home Game

He by heck, next you will be telling you are from Farnworth.....! Which is where I'm from. Before Spain, I lived in London for 13 years (member of BWSCL) and had a season ticket for several years, before the Mrs appeared on the scene...!

I've been over here for 6 years, hopefully the game is on one of the TVE channels on Saturday.

Next time I'm up in Seville we should have a drink. I've been there a couple times over the last few months looking for a painting in a gallery, but to no avail..!

If you are down in Sanlucar de Barrameda anytime, let us know.

Cheers Ian

10. Re: Xerez CD Football Home Game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 12, 2010