We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Options to Venice

Carroll County, MD
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation Options to Venice

We will be staying at the Best Western Airvenice for a few days before our cruise. What other options are there for getting into Venice other than the train? Are buses regularly available? What about taxis - are they terribly expensive?

We will probably take the train but just wanted to know what other options might make sense.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
91,262 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation Options to Venice

So far as I know, there is no bus.

It is some 26 km from Quarto d'Altino to Venice. I taxi would want to be paid for a return trip, so i would think around €60.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,613 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation Options to Venice

You are looking at this sort of trip each time you go to Venice, and also for a taxi to the cruise port

The hotel itself is in an industrial area with absolutely nothing to recommend it apart from low costs, which may more than be made up by your travel expenses

However, there are regular local trains from Quarto d'Altino station to Venezia Santa Lucia for about €2.85/person, taking about 35 minutes each way and running until around 9.30pm, so you will have to restrict your evening time in Venice, which is a shame, and there will be a 1km walk each way to/from the train.

Personally I would look for an hotel very near Piazzale Roma and actually in Venice, but the choice is yours.

This website may assist. I have recently been told it is not 100% accurate, but it is a good start.

3. Re: Transportation Options to Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, October 04, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Quarto D'Altino