We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help

UK
9 posts
Save Topic
Hotel help

Hi

I've been looking at going to Le Touquet either early December this year or April/May next year.

We've been recommended 3 hotels:

Pol Hotel

Chateau de Montreuil

Westminster Hotel & Spa

Has anyone stayed in any of these and would recommend one over the other.

I shall be going with my husband for a long weekend and we're both late 20s, early 30s if that helps

Thanks

folkestone
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help

Whilst they are undoubtedy excellent hotels (Chateau de Montreuil is not in Le Touquet)they are probably the most expensive in Le Touquet: but if money is no object, fine ! I would additionally recommend The Bristol (17 rue Jean Monnet - Tel: 0321 05 49 ) or The Manoir (Avenue du Golf - Tel: 0321 06 28 28)both being comfortable, friendly, well-appointed hotels that won't break the budget. However, I would also advise booking at the earliest opportunity as Le Touquet is very popular throughout the year.

Hope this helps. Striker.

folkestone
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel help

Apologies, Hotel Bristol Tel No should read 0321 05 49 95. Striker

UK
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel help

Sorry I should have said, I won a competition in which these are the choice of hotel. So I guess money is no object but it has to be one of those 3 hotels.

We're now thinking about going in May next year. Do you think the weather will be warm by then?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel help

Have stayed in Le Touquet a few times. Westminster is Grand and pretty conventional fairly close to airport but close enough to walk into the main town probably about 10 mins (add 5mins extra to beach). Pol has the zen factor and contemporary feel with excellent location directly off the main market square. Sorry don't know Chateau Montreuil. I would love to stay at either Westminster or Pol, but if pushed would choose Westminster for its granduer. Westminster has art shops and restaurants dotted around closer to wooded forest where as the Pol is completely in the heart of Le Touquet all its bars, restaurants and 5 mins from beach. Maybe if this was my first time in Le Touquet I would plump for Pol for its location, but have always hankered after staying at the Westminster and never made it. Hope this helps.

folkestone
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel help

In that case go for The Westminster, great hotel with a superb restaurant. ( I'd also recommend the Touquet's Bar behind the Hotel for an early (or late) evening drink. Cosy atmosphere and great music ). Everything within walking distance of the hotel. Weather in May should be ok and you may get some sun.

6. Re: Hotel help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, October 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Le Touquet...