We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking on and off the Frederikshavn to Goteborg ferry

Level Contributor
23 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Walking on and off the Frederikshavn to Goteborg ferry

In June I will be coming to Aalborg for a week long conference and on the weekend I would really like to get the ferry over to Goteborg and explore the city. I have planned my train journey up to Frederikshavn from Aalborg (I should arrive there at 17:35) but I don't know how long it takes to get from the train to the ferry and then board the ferry?

I normally travel by air and in the UK you need to be there two hours before the flight to allow time for security checks and passport control. I don't know how this works if I take the ferry.

Likewise, when I arrive in Goteborg at 23:50, how long does it take to disembark the ferry as a foot passenger? Is there a passport control? It appears from the maps that the ferry disembarks in the centre of Goteborg and I would like some idea of what time I am likely to reach a hotel if I am on foot?

Can anyone help?

2 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking on and off the Frederikshavn to Goteborg ferry

There is no passport control between Denmark and Sweden.

Hans

2. Re: Walking on and off the Frederikshavn to Goteborg ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, June 11, 2016

Reply to: Walking on and off the Frederikshavn to Goteborg ferry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Frederikshavn
More Frederikshavn Topics