We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting sonderborg

Which Soenderborg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
visiting sonderborg

I am a uni student who has the option of studying at sonderborg next year from aug-dec. I was just wandering if anyone could tell me what sonderborg is like and what there is to do, I have heard there isnt much nightlife? What are the shopping facilities like etc? anything that anyone knows would be of great use for me.

Thank you

Aarhus, Denmark
Level Contributor
243 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting sonderborg

Sønderborg is a small, but nice town. Plenty of small shops. And there may not be much nightlife compared to Copenhagen, but it has a military-school, so you might meet some soldiers... ;-) - mind you, there ARE pubs and bars there....

Copenhagen, DK
Level Contributor
177 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting sonderborg

compared to the size of the town there is alot of nightlife... that said it is quite a small town... however the nature around Sønderborg is amazing and there always seem to be quite a number of foreigners... probably from the university or Danfoss (which is the number one employer in the region and one of Denmarks largest companies).

If I was you I would probably try to get an exchange place in Copenhagen instead... but then again I have grown up in the city of Copenhagen.

I guess you will get a lot more under the skin of the people you meet in Sønderborg... especielly the danes.

The exchange students on my university (Copenhagen Business Sch) generally tend to hang out with eachother most of the time and not really interact with the danes.

3. Re: visiting sonderborg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Soenderborg
More Soenderborg Topics