We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

School Catchment Maps

Which Wokingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
School Catchment Maps

Hi folks

I know there is a service on the Wokingham Council website that lets you find out the school catchment of a particular street, but you have to know the location - which is not too helpful if you want an overview of the area covered by a school catchment so you can choose where to live.

Does anyone know of a way to get hold of a map that actually shows the entire catchment area, in this case for Holt School?

Thanks in advance.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: School Catchment Maps

The catchment areas around here are bizzarre because you have the three schools in a row (Holt, Emmbrook, Forest) and then no other schools for a long way, so areas in the Holt catchment can be further away from the school than areas nearby. I know when we had a map (many years ago when we were looking to buy) it was a very strange shape, there was one house we liked maybe 200yds away from the school that wasnt in, and ours is a mile away and is. You really you will have to look around, pick a street at a time,and see if its in or out.

We live on Woosehill which is in, I have a friend who lives in Lower Earley and his daughters go, but I think that in between, say Winnersh, you migfht not be in!

Have you tried the local estate agents, they are usually quite good at knowing this?

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: School Catchment Maps

I would be surprised if such a thing exists now. Schools aen't supposed to have "catchment areas". They would vary year to year depending on number of children wishing to go there, demand for other schools in the area, demand for places for siblings etc etc.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: School Catchment Maps

Looks like they dont have catchment areas any more, instead they have "designated areas" LOL

www.wokingham.gov.uk/index.asp?pgid=1720

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: School Catchment Maps

Ask an estate agent - they'll know which addresses get you into which school. Its their job.

5. Re: School Catchment Maps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:30 pm, October 15, 2006
Get answers to your questions about Wokingham