We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Malta

N Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Christmas in Malta

Myself and my family have booked to spend Christmas 2006 in St Julians, Malta, staying at the Radisson SAS.

Has anybody stayed in Malta over Christmas?

What is the weather like there at the end of December?

Do they offer the traditional Christmas dinner of Turkey & Ham.

Looking forward to your responses!

Malta Europe
Level Contributor
453 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Malta

This time is the weatherman's favourite.... showers with sunny patches. wind variable strong at times but dies down occasionally. Weather warm in the sunny periods but gets cold when rainin.....

Bring T shirts and a lightweight fleece and a cag or foldy umbrella.

Turkey is a tradition in Malta too. Warning: get friendly with restaurant manager early on and make sure he reserves the sitting You WANT. Many Maltese eat out and you could be slotted for an unearthly dinner hour if you let the hotel dictate. Oh and I presume you have all lunches / dinners booked. This time of the year you should not expect to turn up at good eateries and find a table available.

london
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Malta

Hello,

I've stayed at this hotel before and over christmas it seems to be a popular place as it was fully booked.

The food was very good on our visit and the breakfast had everything we could ask for. We wasnt sure what to expect on our first visit but the sea air and the excellent service made it a christmas to remember.

hope your journey is just as enjoyable.

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Malta

the days are warm but as soon as the sun goes done it gets cold but can be very pleasant to get out and about have only stayed at this hotel during the summer months and the food is lovely . but be warned lots of the maltese familys go out for xmas lunch to hotels so book early .

4. Re: Christmas in Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's