We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions

Which Saint Julian's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Hotel suggestions

Hi all. My wife and I will be in Malta for 10 days at the end of July 2014. I have been there before but she hasn't. We are wanting to stay in st Julian's or sliema. We are wanting a nice hotel with great view possibly a room with a balcony. We are happy to pay a reasonable amount per night.

Please help. Thankyou

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,049 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestions

Look up Booking.Com or Travel Republic maybe the Juliani or Le Meridian.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestions

As per my response to your other post I don't think you can beat the views from the front facing balconies atthe Juliani. Another favourite of mine is the Westin Dragonara where all rooms have balconies with stunning sea views. Although I have never stopped at the Hilton it too is in a lovely location with good balconies and views ofeither the sea or the marina.

Ourense, Spain
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suggestions

Hey,

I've been in Malta for a while so I hope this can help. Besides booking.com and such, you can find good information on this http://www.maltaxoxo.com/, quite many choices I think :)

Good luck and have a great time again in Malta!

Mai.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestions

What's your budget? In Sliema the sea view rooms at the Preluna offer a good view, especially those on the high floors. The rooms are a bit basic and dated although there's been some refurbishment. The hotel has reasonable facility's and staff are good. Not as nice as many of the hotels in St. Julians, but likely to be less per night. Don't forget to check the reviews here on TA.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suggestions

Read reviews for The Palace hotel in sliema, we stayed awhile ago its not on busy tower rd but not far, we had a 5th floor rm with views of church. Also for a private apartments look at www.ownersdirect.com.uk we have rented 3 different apts over the yrs if wanting more info msg me ...one in particular had great views of the sea also up high massive apartment even tho we were just 2, in sliema close to shops restaurants and great swimming spot out front.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel suggestions

Re hotel if any mobility problems could be a problem as walk up from sea or ferry side uphill, hot in july. Also costs re apts v hotels not much difference, I personally like apts as can prepare our own food, sleep in etc and of course the space. Re reading hotel reviews just remember that in malta if it states 4 star it most likely be 3 star.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel suggestions

Correction..www.ownersdirect co.uk not .com

8. Re: Hotel suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 25, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's