We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach & Nightlife

Which Saint Julian's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beach & Nightlife

Hi Everyone

My husband & I are hoping to travel to Malta in Sept. St Julians has being recommened to us but I would like to get advise on the beach there. The beach and Nightlife(nice bars and restaurants, not clubs) plays a big part in our holiday lifestyle so can you advise if St Julians might be for us? If not, can you suggest another area of Malta.

Thank you so much in advance for any replies.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach & Nightlife

The beach at St julians St Georges Bay is very small and can get crowded during the summer months, however most of the 5 Star hotels have nice beach clubs with good swimming pools, sunbathing areas and direct sea access via ladders. There are also rocky beaches close by some with smooth rocks perfect for sunbathing. St Julians has an excellent selection of bars and restaurants and the small area with nightclubs (Paceville) is easy to miss, although some of he bars in this area are quite good.

If you want large sandy beaches they can be found in the North of the island although the areas in the direct vicinity of the beaches are very quiet. Probably the best beach is at Mellieha Bay and there are somebars and restaurants in Mellieha village about a mile away, uphill.

Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach & Nightlife

Thanks so much for your reply. Can you recommend any reasonably priced hotels in the St Julians, ideally self catering? Also, is it generally cheap to eat/drink out? Sorry about all the questions, its just I really dont know a lot about Malta and different forums are giving me different answers re cost of living there. Thanks again!

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach & Nightlife

By self catering do you mean with cooking facilities,like in an aparthotel? If this is the case i would look at the Park Hotel in neighbouring Sliema which has both indoor and rooftop pools. This is about 30 minutes walk around the promenade or a short bus journey away from St Julians. In St Julians the Rokna Hotel has fridges in the room although not cooking facilities. If you prefer an hotel you could look at the Valentina or Cavaleri maybe bed and breakfast or room only. If you put the dates into the search at the hotel section for St Julians you will get an idea of availability and prices andtake a look at the reviews. If you are flying with Ryanair they also have reasonable prices for hotels infact I recently stayed at the5 Star Intercontinental for €70 per night booking this way. There are plenty of reasonably priced restaurants in St Julians and neighbouring Sliema.

Edited: 6:44 am, August 23, 2013
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach & Nightlife

Have a look at Onyx Apartments, St. Julians perhaps - in a bustly area but no pool facility. These can be quite reasonable. St. Julians and Sliema are in a built up area of Malta, google earth the area to see. Mellieha in the north is far more quiet but does have bars and restaurants a plenty. It can rain in September so St. Julians would offer better access to sight seeing in Valletta etc.

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach & Nightlife

Here is a live webcam of the beach at St George's bay to give you an idea:

skylinewebcams.com/en/…st-george-beach.html

6. Re: Beach & Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's