We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

munster
Level Contributor
523 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

We would love to holiday in Malta but we just cant find a suitable place self catering , myself my partner our 2 children aged 11 and 4 , we are looking for a complex near the beach , shops etc , we would love somewhere that has a kids swimming pool entertainment and playground , any advise help please , Thanks in advance .

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

With self catering and near a sandy beach Luna Holiday Complex self catering and a bit basic. http://www.lunaholidaycomplexmalta.com/

Mellieha Holiday Centre, again self catering. http://www.mhc.com.mt/the-resort/

Both of the above are a couple of hundred yards from Mellieha Bay the biggest sandy beach in Malta and a short bus ride up to Mellieha village.

munster
Level Contributor
523 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Thank you MAC1UK .

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

St Julians does not really meet your requirements since it only has a small manmade beach and doesnt really have the type of accommodation you are seeking, indeed the only place that occurs to me as a possibility is the Blu Sea San Anton resort at St Georges Bay which personally I would not recommend. You could consider the self catering apartments at the Park Hotel in neighbouring Sliema, however these too possibly will not tick all your boxes. I agree with Mac1uk that Melllieha could be the best resort for your needs.

munster
Level Contributor
523 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

Hi Tripalot , are these apartments near the beach and shops etc , thank you in advance .

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

The Blu Sea apartments are close to the man made sandy beach at St Georges Bay. There are supermarkets, bars and restaurants in the close vicinity. The Park Hotel is close to the sea and the promenade but not close to the beach, however the apartments are well located for a wide selection of shops and restaurants and childrens parks too. The nlicer beaches at Golden Bay and Mellieha can be reached by bus from St Julians/Sliema in about 40 minutes.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

MunsterMolly

I assume that you are talking about going in July, August or early September as your 11 year old will have to fit in with school holidays. If so I would base yourselves near where you want to stay most of the day, in that heat you do not want to spend 40 minutes on a bus with 2 fractious kids, also do you want to be queuing for a bus? In high season usually the first two buses in peak times will be full.

Personally for the kids I would recommend looking at Mellieha rather than St Georges Bay, the latter is a small manmade beach whereas Mellieha Bay is the biggest sandy beach on the island and is only a short bus ride up the hill to Mellieha village where there are shops, small supermarket and quite a few restaurants.

Macl1uk

munster
Level Contributor
523 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay

Hi Mac1uk ,

Thank you for your advise , we will look at Mellieha as it sounds more suitable for children .

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay

In addition to the accommodations mentioned by Mac1Uk you could also take a look at the apartments and villas listed under the "Holiday Rentals" tab above. Many of those advertised are suitable for children.

munster
Level Contributor
523 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay

Thank you Tripalot.

10. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 19, 2014