We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel recommendation for Summer 2013

Which Saint Julian's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for hotel recommendation for Summer 2013

Hi Looking for any tips or advice as hoping to travel to Malta this summer for about 6 nights, what I would like is good location for hubby & I and a lovely hotel with a pool so hopefully can do some sun soaking whilst there ( no kids with us on this trip )

Hoping to get something at a good price, read lots of reviews for the Juliani Hotel but over €600 was more than i was hoping to spend.

Maybe a nice 3 star in a good location might suit our budget but a nice pool would be on my wish list and bar & food .

Any advice would be great, ... also is the best area to stay St Julians??

Tks

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel recommendation for Summer 2013

Take a look at the Cavaleri which has a nice pool and sea access, else look at Bugibba which has a wider selection of 3 Star hotels with pool facilities.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,930 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel recommendation for Summer 2013

Go on to Booking.Com stick in your dates and you will find nearly hotel in Malta have a look at Park Hotel Sliema indoor and outdoor pool on roof.The park also have apartements supermarket up the road and on the main bus route bus ticket for week €12.00 each and you can go anywhere on island.

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hotel recommendation for Summer 2013

DublinChips,

As to your question, 'Is the best area to stay St Julians?", it is all down to preference. There are two main holiday areas to stay in Malta, and they are St Julians / Sliema or St Pauls Bay / Bugibba / Qawra. People who stay there obviously prefer the resort of their choice. St Jul / Slie for better shopping and SPB / Bug / Qaw because they are popular with the Brits.

Its your choice.

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for hotel recommendation for Summer 2013

DublinChips,

You should try the

Dolmen Hotel Qawra

San Antonio Hotel Qawra

Seabank Hotel Mellieha

San Antonio Hotel Mellieha

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,499 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for hotel recommendation for Summer 2013

Try the Solana at Mellieha too - great off-season value.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for hotel recommendation for Summer 2013

hi

You can also try the following hotels

Dolmen Hotel

San Antonio Hotel Mellieha or Bugibba

Seabank Hotel Mellieha

Ramla Bay Hotel

7. Re: Looking for hotel recommendation for Summer 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:57 am, January 22, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
138 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for hotel recommendation for Summer 2013

Hi, I went last May to Malta with my boyfriend and we stayed in the Park Hotel in Sliema. I advise it to you because the location was perfect, the room was nice, big and clean (not so modernly furbished but it was good, with a small balcony too). The hotel has a lovely indoor pool, a hot tub and the gym. I read that in summer they also have a top floor outdoor pool but I did not see it because I went in May. The price was very reasonable and I think that I got a very good deal considering how the hotel was and what I paid for it. The only thing I didn't like much was the breakfast but there are lots of cheap cafes nearby so I didn't see that as a big issue.

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for hotel recommendation for Summer 2013

Stay away from 3* hotels in Malta, nowhere near the 3* standards elsewhere in Europe. I would only consider 4* and above.

St. Julians is a great holiday destination and either the Juliani or the Cavalieri would be my choice for 4* accommodation in this resort.

10. Re: Looking for hotel recommendation for Summer 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:44 am, January 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations