We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of the new meridien in relation to Paceville?

Which Saint Julian's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
2 posts
Save Topic
Location of the new meridien in relation to Paceville?

Hi

Have booked a trip to Malta (for the first time) for end of June, just wondering how busy St. Julians is then (ie. is it crazy nightlife, or are there some more relaxed areas?)

My hubby and I are only late twenties/ early thirties but ideally looking for a nice location to relax and enjoy some sun.

I have booked the new Meridien St Julians but am not sure if it is right in the thick of it" or whether or not it is a quieter area of town?

Also, has anyone been or stayed recently to the Meridien Saint Juliana s as I have read on a couple of reviews that this particular hotel is very new, and not even finished!

Thanks - looking forward to any response! And looking forward to some Maltese sunshine some more.........

Thanks

Taunton
Level Contributor
253 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of the new meridien in relation to Paceville?

Hello

The Meridien is not really in St Julians.

Paceville is about a 15 minute walk to the Hotel.

lancs u.k
Level Contributor
142 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of the new meridien in relation to Paceville?

LUCKY YOU!!

We saw the hotel being bulit last year and it looked FANTASTIC.

It is a short walk toSt Julians and a 15 minute walk in the other direction to Sliema.The hotel is situated at Balluta Bay, which is an inlet with no sandy beach, but has steps that you can sit at the waters edge and have a dip in the Med.

St Julians itself is great, there are some great bars and eating places around Spinola. Pay a visit to the Portomasso marina where you can sit at the wine bar and drool over the boats!

Further on you arrive at Paceville.Take my word for it you will feel OLD!! We are very early 40's and we felt ancient! Its great to just sit and watch the young and gorgeous!

You will almost certainly get some Maltese sun-just make sure you don't get too much of it!

Enjoy.

Cheshire
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of the new meridien in relation to Paceville?

Hi LeeRoy

Thank you very much for your posting, that is very helpful.

Cheers!

Valletta, Malta
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of the new meridien in relation to Paceville?

This new Meridien is very new but now the whole hotel is finished.

I just love the room and the interior swimming pool is paradise.

I went there on the 27th of April and they were finishing the restaurant outside next to the swimming pool and it is finished now.

The last time I was there, they were saying that they were going to employ more people for house keeping cause it was a bit too slow.

cheshire, England
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location of the new meridien in relation to Paceville?

We are just back rom Maltaand while there we were talikg to a guy who was staying at Le Meridian. He was generally pleased with the standard of the hotel but said it will be very good once the teething troubles have been sorted out.

As regards location, as Le Meridien is set back slightly from the main road I think it should be quite quiet, you are a short taxi or bus ride from Paceville, but there are lots of bars & restaurants within strolling distance.

Buses to & from valletta stop outside the hotel.

The weather last week was glorious so should be even hotter when you are there.

6. Re: Location of the new meridien in relation to Paceville?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's