We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Hilton near Paceville

Which Saint Julian's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Hilton near Paceville

Are you kept awake at night with the clubbing crowd if you stay in the Hilton, any advise would be welcome

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Hilton near Paceville

No... Hilton is far enough away from paceville.

The hilton is in a very good spot really. Close to the action but really quiet as its out on its own on the portomaso marina.

The area around the hotel is really good. Small bars and plenty of restaurants.

You will see all the young ones walking in the same direction down to the party zone but if you don't want that you won't be affected. You are also only 100 yard away from spinola bay which is more relaxed and mainly restaurants.

Ps don't have a glass of house red in the hilton quarter deck bar. Awful, and 7 euro a glass.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Hilton near Paceville

As Bob said ,yes the Hilton is in Paceville , BUT it is far away enough to be quiet and peaceful . There is about 100 metres of buildings to the street on the far side of the noisy area before the Hilton , which is in the far side away from the crowds ,with a supermarket and a business centre between the hotel and the road , which is not that noisy too .

I agree that the Quarter Deck bar has a view and atmosphere to die for .....but the wine may be a bit expensive for my taste ! The Blue Elephant Restaurant is also a good venue .

Welcome to Malta

ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Hilton near Paceville

Thank you very much, that is good to hear and thanks for the advise about the red wine. We are going to go in late September is it still busy and is the weather going to be sunny?

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Hilton near Paceville

Been in late Sept many times and the weather is usually still well into the 20s. Can get a bit muggy but that is usually early Sept.

St julians is always busy in my opinion. It's one of those places where people just get on with their business all year round and you can just sit at a roadside bar or cafe and watch the world go by.. beautiful.

The hilton is lovely and has good facilities and portomaso is seconds away with high end places to eat and drink.

This is the only 5 star hotel that we have not stayed in but we have visited many times and always been impressed.

I hope you enjoy st julians as much as we do. You can eat and drink fairly cheaply if you want to as well.

Wirral
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Hilton near Paceville

As others have already said The Hilton is near Paceville but you are not inconvenienced by any noise from there though. However we did experience some " boom boom" music over the weekend when we stayed there a couple of weeks ago. Not sure where from though, it did go on after midnight.

Wine in the quarterdeck is from €5.40 and I thought some of it was ok. Cocktails are mainly €8.75 and not great in my opinion. You get a good plate of nibbles with the drink though. Nice hotel and we would stay there again.

ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Hilton near Paceville

Thanks for all your advise, holiday booked and looking forward to it.

7. Re: Is the Hilton near Paceville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 10, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's