We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations pls!

Which Saint Julian's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations pls!

Hi Everyone,

Im planning a trip in April, with my sister to celebrate her 40th bday. We'd like to stay somewhere with a good selection of local restaurants, ideally near the beach and in an area that's not loud in terms of nightlife. I've been looking at St Julians, St Pauls/Qawra.

Any recomendations would be helpful as Ive never been to Malta before. Itinery is relax, enjoy local food and wine and a base to explore easily from

Thanks!

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations pls!

April will be too cold to go swimming, so I would drop the beach, if swimming is a requirement you will need to make sure that the hotel has an indoor pool.

St Julian’s and Sliema would suit your needs of restaurants and both provide a good base to explore from. Bugibba and Qawra are another option. My recommendation is St Julian’s.

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations pls!

St Julian's is perfect for what you're after! Ho about the Cavalieri hotel? It's right on Spinola Bay and has indoor and outdoor pools, plus it's walking distance to all of the highly rated restaurants on trip advisor!

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations pls!

Steph

I wouldlike to point you in the right direction , but you need to give me better clues , like ....are you after cheap and small on the town edge , or 5 star with heated indoor pool and 4 restaurants , or anything in between . Look at Preluna hotel , 115 The Strand and Marina Hotel .

You will be spoilt for choice after you quote a cost per day per room .

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations pls!

definately Sliema or St Julians..I personally like Sliema cos lots of shops, close to restaurants & St Julians is walkable (or bus) along the Promenade, tho I prefer the restaurants in Sliema more eg The Kitchen, Ta Kolina, Ta Chris. St Julians (Spinola Bay) is pretty but most of the restaurants seemed to be Pizza type places some exceptions such as Zest, Barrucuda. Sliema has two sides either along the ferries side or the Mediterannean side. On ferry side you can get to Valletta by ferry which is a nice option to the busses during the day.

5. Re: Recommendations pls!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, June 04, 2012
Malta
Level Contributor
60 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations pls!

depends you re budget >qawra /bugibba area is very quiet during this season .there are restuarants but really is more ideal for summer

st julians can be bit noisy depending on which hotel ,sliema is also very central and one can enjoy nice walks on the promenade easy access for bus service to go to valletta and other places directly

if you looked at some hotels , i can maybe help you

7. Re: Recommendations pls!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, April 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's