We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malta V Spain for New Year

Which Saint Julian's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Malta V Spain for New Year

I am looking to book a weeks break after Christmas, taking in the new year. I have found a couple of options in Spain, but having never been to Malta, I thought this may be a good opportunity to see the Island.

We would be taking our 11 year old son, so we are looking for a hotel that caters for children, is open for the new year, and is positioned in a nice area, where we can travel from, to see other parts of the Island.

Although we are Malta virgins, from what I have read on this forum, St Juliens would not be suitable, but Mellieha sounds quite nice.

Any comments would be appreciated

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malta V Spain for New Year

Mellieha in December/January will be very quiet with nothing much happening. It is more of a summer resort. I would suggest you'd need to be somewhere more central. How about Sliema or even Valletta (though Valletta is dead at night). St Julians is fine, Paceville isn't. They are near each other so you would have to be careful where in St Julians, but lots of us on here could advise you regarding this.

Toronto
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Malta V Spain for New Year

Also, do check the weather differences for this time of year. I believe Spain may be warmer now, but there is still quite a lot to see and do in Malta apart from spending time on the beaches.

3. Re: Malta V Spain for New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's