We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas In Malta

Which Saint Julian's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canterbury, Kent
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Christmas In Malta

Hi

We are spending Christmas, 22 - 29 December in St Julians Bay and I am in a dilemma about what clothes to take. I thought I had it sussed as temperatures have been averaging 18 degrees but looking at the 10 day forecast it it is getting down to as low as 14. I was thinking of taking 3/4 length jeans, short sleeve tops and cardis/jackets for the day and wondered if that would be ok. I know it seems trivial but I don't want to spend my entire holiday shivering because I haven't brought warm enough clothes.

Thanks in advance.

Kerry

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas In Malta

It's only about 6 degrees warmer than home so realistically you're going to need clothes not too dis-similar to home. Just probably not a heavy coat. A waterproof jacket would probably suffice.

I've always found that Christmas in Malta weather wise is not too different to early autumn at home.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas In Malta

What you intend taking would be fine during the day outside in the sunshine but in the evenings it can be chilly and if you are inside where there isn't heating it can be chilly too. Layers are the answer so t-shirt with a cardigan or sweatshirt or light jumper on top then a jacket over that. I would suggest long trousers/jeans in the evening. Hope this helps

Canterbury, Kent
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas In Malta

Thank you Scubapro

As I don't particulary feel the cold I will take a light waterproof jacket and brolley (seems to be a lot of rain at the moment) But hey I'm British so stiff upper lip and all that. Spent a week in Croatia in September and it rained nearly all week but wasn't going to let that ruin my holiday.

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas In Malta

it does get a lot colder at night espexcially if its windy and xmas time they do tend to get a lot of rain. a fleece for the evenings would be fine and t shirt with sweater for day if the suns out it will feel warm.

Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas In Malta

Malta the climate is not very cold compared to other countries ..however in the eve it does get a bit chilli..it also depends where you going.

however, I recommend a nice dress sleevless with a coat to cover

6. Re: Christmas In Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations