We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants -NYE 2016 with a view of the fireworks.

Bristol
Level Contributor
3 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants -NYE 2016 with a view of the fireworks.

Hi

We're booked into the Intercontinental for a few days and I'm toying with the idea of enjoying the in-house entertainment or hopefully booking a waterfront restaurant with a view of the fireworks. ( I assume their will be 1 or 2 in St Julian's on NYE)

Can anyone recommend any good places to eat and see the fireworks at midnight. Sliema is also an option as I've reserved a place there with free cancellation. Guess I'm after the best of both, bit of grub and midnight celebration.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Rgds

GS

8 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,784 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants -NYE 2016 with a view of the fireworks.

The main new year celebrations take place in Valletta on its waterfront,massive firework display,street stalls,entertainment,there has being little displays in st Julian's in past years,but its being organised and paid for by local business,and rumours are there not doing it this year,

If you really want to see and join in celebration's then valletta is the place to be,book a restaurant on its waterfront,lots of them,watch the fireworks there and join in the street party,getting to and from st Julian's wont be a problem the buses run all night to and from Valletta to most main towns and cities,with extra buses usually put on also,this includes st Julian's where your staying.

Eileen

Bristol
Level Contributor
3 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants -NYE 2016 with a view of the fireworks.

Fantastic reply Eileen. Very much appreciated. You've sold it to me. Good to hear transport won't be an issue. Can't wait. Cheers. GS

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,784 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants -NYE 2016 with a view of the fireworks.

www.vallettawaterfront.com/content.aspx…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZFnGVcWIV

Your welcome a bit more about it.

Eileen

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,784 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants -NYE 2016 with a view of the fireworks.

That last video wouldn't work,but if you type in at the search in it at you tube Valletta new year loads of videos come up.

Eileen

Edited: 11:37 am, December 03, 2016
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants -NYE 2016 with a view of the fireworks.

Valletta waterfront would certainly be the place to eat and enjoy the display.

Graham

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants -NYE 2016 with a view of the fireworks.

Brilliant, already provisionally booked a table at Pepe Nero. Set menu on NYE. Waterfront looking good. Thanks ya'll.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants -NYE 2016 with a view of the fireworks.

Hi all, just re-opening this thread as have similar questions to the OP. We're wanting somewhere to go for New Year and as per the advice above figure the Valletta Waterfront will be best. How was your experience of it last year Guliver S?

What time did you book dinner? After dinner did you just wander along the Waterfront and find a fireworks spot?

Thanks in advance!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,784 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants -NYE 2016 with a view of the fireworks.

I think the op is long gone,you could try personal messaging them,to do this click on the person's name then go into personal message,type message,send.

Don't be surprised if you don't get an answer,as chances are he opened the account for that purpose of last year and not being back on.

Eileen

Reply to: Restaurants -NYE 2016 with a view of the fireworks.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's