We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry question

perth australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
ferry question

wish to catch the ferry to harbour bay at 1150 today.

Is it Ok to just turn up and book ticket or should I book online before we get there.

How soon she would we be at terminal before departure.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1 post
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry question

Pengalaman saya, dapat langsung datang dan beli tiket di hari kedatangan. Tidak perlu membeli online.

-----

In my experience, you can just show up and buy the ticket before your departure. Not necessary to buy it online.

perth australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry question

Thank you, how early do you have to get there before departure ?

perth australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry question

For other peoples information, we missed Batam Fast ferry to harbour bay as we didn't allow enough time. We arrived at 1125 for 1150 ferry so I would get there about 45 min before departure.

Our fault as we caught train to harbourfront and it was then a good 10min walk to ticket office on 2nd floor.

However the guy in the ticket office was very helpful. He suggested getting ferry to Batam central then get a taxi to harbourbay.

You can also buy return ticket and leave from any port. So we will return from Harbour bay.

We paid the 120000 IDR visa then went to

The taxi desk. It is just outside immigration.

We paid set price of 70000 IDR for a 15 min trip.

perth australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry question

Just a word of warning. We arrived at Harbourbay 1 hour before departure and there was already a huge queue (It was a Saturday at 2pm)

We thought we where ok and then realised our return ticket was not a boarding pass.

My husband stayed in the queue (which still wasn't moving after 30 min) and I went searching for the Batam fast ticket office.

I found it and luckily my husband didn't need to be there to get the boarding pass.

By this time the queue was about 80m long.

In hindsight I would rebook the return at the terminal on docking on the way in.

We made it on just in time.

5. Re: ferry question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:42 pm, May 09, 2014
6. Re: ferry question

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:43 pm, May 09, 2014
7. Re: ferry question

Removed on: 3:42 pm, May 09, 2014
8. Re: ferry question

Removed on: 3:43 pm, May 09, 2014
9. Re: ferry question

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, July 07, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Nagoya