We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel nearest to train station, Silkeborg

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Hotel nearest to train station, Silkeborg

We are a group of 6 people travelling in Denmark end May. We are looking for a hotel nearest to Silkeborg train station. Can you recommend one?

Many thanks

Kamar

5 replies to this topic
Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel nearest to train station, Silkeborg

Hello Kamar

There is Hotel Dania and Radisson Blu Papirfabrikken Silkeborg, which both is app. 10 min walk from the station and it is situated in the center of the city.

See more here:

http://www.hoteldania.dk/uk/start_uk.htm

or

http://www.radissonblu.com/hotel-silkeborg

But if they are not in the price level you are looking for, please write again and let me know. Then I will try to find something else :-)

Lisbeth

Denmark

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel nearest to train station, Silkeborg

Hello Lisbeth,

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I have now booked at Hotel Dania.

Any suggestions on how to go around Silkeborg? We are 6 persons coming from Malaysia. Can we hire a van at the train station?

Thanks & best regards

Kamar

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel nearest to train station, Silkeborg

Hello Kamar

I am almost sure there are no car rental at the station...it is a rather small station. I am sure the hotel front desk can help you hire a car. You can rent cars nearbu Hotel Dania here:

www.Avis.dk

www.eroupcar.dk

But are Malaysian driver licens valid in Denmark? That I dont know and I can not find information about it. But I think you might check it out just for safety!

To go from the station to the Hotel Dania you can either walk or take a taxi (or two since you are 6 persons)

This is the distance (sorry the text is in danish):

http://map.krak.dk/m/90U9e

For how long time are you staying in Silkeborg and what are you planning to see and do? There are very nice buses and trains in Denmark and depending on your plans, it might be as easy to take bus as it is to drive!

Lisbeth

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel nearest to train station, Silkeborg

...continued from above:

I am concerned about the validation of Malaysian drivers licens, because if Danes are going to Malaysia and want to drive a car, the Danish drivers licens has to be changed first into a International drivers licens and then we have to apply the Malaysian authorities to get Malaysian drivers licens. First then it is legal for us to drive in Malaysia!

So please check if there is a problem about it, so you dont get in trouble after arrival!

Lisbeth

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel nearest to train station, Silkeborg

If you intend to rent a self drive van you should be aware that the driver must possess an international driving license. It must clearly indicate that it applies to a vehicle of the type used.

Taxi companies in Silkeborg (and the rest of Denmark for that matter) have minivans/minibuses that can accommodate up to 8 persons including luggage. These bigger taxis charge approx. 15% more than normal taxis (up to 4 persons), but are definitely cheaper than 2 'normal' taxis.

Silkeborg city centre is more or less one big pedestrian zone, so not very convenient with a rental van.

Hans

Reply to: Hotel nearest to train station, Silkeborg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Silkeborg