We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ostersund to Duved

Which Duved hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Ostersund to Duved

We will be in Ostersund tomorrow and wish to go one day to Duved and one day to Stromsund. What are the road conditions like between Ostersund and Duved and Ostersund and Stromsund?

It looks like from the map it might be a good idea to stay in Ostersund as a base and do day trips to Stromsund and Duved? Any suggestions?

We have a reason to go to the cemetery in Duved.

Any help appreciated

Liz

4 replies to this topic
Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,403 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ostersund to Duved

Ostersund is a very nice little town, and also the biggest one in the area. So Ostersund is a good choice.

To Duved there's a few daily direct train and bus departures. Train departs at 0601, 0720 and 1625, while direct buses (#155) depart at 0700 and 1650.

Afternoon returns are at 1710 (bus #155), 1749 and 1911 (both trains). In addition there are a few buses (#156) where you change bus (#157) in Jarpen.

To Stromsund there are many daily buses (#45 and #142).

Use www.sj.se for schedules (but remember to enter the placenames with Swedish spelling: Östersund and Strömsund).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ostersund to Duved

Thank you! However we have a car, so I was more wondering also what the roads are like and google won't tell me! Lol. Possibly because I don't know the site. Yes I know about the spelling, omlait? But my iPad doesn't have them on it.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,403 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ostersund to Duved

I drove up to Are (just before coming to Duved from Ostersund) and the road where very fine last weekend.

The site for traffic and road information is:http://trafikinfo.trafikverket.se/LIT/#url=Vagtrafiken/English

There are road cameras for you to see the road conditions yourself, but many of them are offline, but the a couple of the ones between Ostersund and Duved are up and running. The one at Mattmar shows just above zero (centigrade) on the road and in the air - so freezing during the night is to be expected, but it'll thaw out during the early day as the sun gets to work.

Long term weather forcast shows above zero temperatures, so take it easy during the early morning and you'll be fine.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ostersund to Duved

Thank you very much, as we say 'great mate' inAustralia or 'beauty mate'.

This site is amazingly helpful. I am going to use it back in Australia so maybe I can be helpful to people from other lands.

Elizabeth

Reply to: Ostersund to Duved
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Duved