We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning all on my ownsome

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
Planning all on my ownsome

Is anyone husband/other half even remotely interested in making plans? I think mine thinks I'm slightly mad poring over this forum for every little detail, even though I've been before.

I think the planning is so much part of the fun though.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning all on my ownsome

I love the planning! DH is interested but doesn't obsess in the way I do. DD knows about this trip and we have so much fun planning restaurants together - maybe it's a girl thing?!

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning all on my ownsome

Maybe it is, but my little girl doesn't know so I'm bursting!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning all on my ownsome

That sounds like me before DD's surprise trip last December!

At least you've got us :+)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning all on my ownsome

My husband doesn't get it. Told me when I started looking early in year for November "as long as I don't have to go, please yourself" Now I've booked it, he's havinng a sulk cos we're going without him. He can't understand why I want to go every year, plan future trips to California, Florida etc to coincide with special occasions etc.......He even says if he ever has to meet Mickey again he won't be held accountable for his actions, lol!

I just don't talk to him too much about it, lol BUT once he's there he loves it. Its not just this holiday, he's very apathetic about all holiday plans and just goes with the flow wherever I book!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning all on my ownsome

LOL - DH is the same! We're off on holiday on Thursday and I very much doubt DH could tell you the names of the hotels we're staying in. Meanwhile DD and I already know what we're ordering for breakfast on the first morning!

Rennes, France
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning all on my ownsome

We are the same here - I plan for months in advance and dp has no interest at all, not even the week before we go.

It does annoy me slightly when we get there and he decides he knows better than me about where we should be going and what we should be doing. Maybe I am a bit of a control freak. But then again I think I deserve to be, the amount of hours I put into making sure its a good trip!

Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning all on my ownsome

Same here, my husband isn't fussed whereas I've priced up all the restaurants I want to go to and where on which day and have already written our packing list and we don't go for another 5 months!

London, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning all on my ownsome

We went on two seperate holidays this year, myself, ds1 and dd went to DLP, hubby and ds2 went on a boys holiday doing "man things"

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning all on my ownsome

ha ha, so it isn't just my DH then! He tends to fall in with my plans and just drive wherever I have arranged. He did say (having been with me to WDW, Disneyland California and DLP several times) that "It would be nice to have a holiday that doesn't involve a mouse." So we went to Austria and he loved it.

South East England...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Planning all on my ownsome

My dh is only interested when it comes to paying!!