We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worried I'm going to forget something-first trip!

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Topic
Worried I'm going to forget something-first trip!

Hi,

We are staying at the Cheyenne on the 15th April, travelling by Eurostar from Ashford (we will be driving and leaving our car there).

We have booked through World travellers disneylandparisoffers.com/Disney-Special-Off… and have booked a standard half board meal plan and Disney express.

We have our passports and health cards. WT said they send our booking references, eurostar info etc 2-3 weeks before travel. They said we print our tickets using the machines at Ashford.

Other than waiting for our booking refs etc to arrive (I think they email them) and sorting passports and health cards is there anything else I need to do? It's our first trip and I'm so worried I'm going to forget something!

Thank you so much in advance for any tips and advice!

Maria :)

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worried I'm going to forget something-first trip!

Hi Maria

Have you made your dining reservations? Half board vouchers don't necessarily guarantee you a table at a time of your choosing.

Character dining in particilar is very popular so I'd definitely recommend making reservations in advance.

Lelly

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worried I'm going to forget something-first trip!

I also meant to say that if you're travelling with little ones and you think they would like to dress up (many children do) then it's worth thinking about buying costumes before you go as they can be very expensive in resort.

Take a supply of paracetamol, calpol, etc with you as there isn't a pharmacy in resort.

Comfortable footwear is a must - there is a lot of walking!

If you're taking a buggy, also take a lock as they have been known to disappear.

Have a fab trip!

Serris, France
Level Contributor
272 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worried I'm going to forget something-first trip!

Restaurants reservations can't be made less than 60 days before so you've got a week - 10 days to think about where you want to eat before phoning them ;)

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worried I'm going to forget something-first trip!

Don't forget Euros for spending money. The Disney shops are full of lovely things!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Worried I'm going to forget something-first trip!

Yes there is so much information on here and in the top questions list that you will be super prepared by the time you go.

Just a hint that I'm sure everyone does anyway, is write a packing list and tick off as you pack. I'm always terrified I'm going to forget something obvious like passports! I also find the whole print your own tickets thing just adds to your stress levels, but it seems the norm nowadays.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Worried I'm going to forget something-first trip!

Hi Maria,

I just wanted to say I feel the same as you - we go a week later on 21st April but stopping over the night before in Dartford.

I've started to write up a bit of an itinerary so I can see any gaps with things that need planning (and so I can pass it to hubby for him to be upto speed). I'm going to start making up a packing list too so that I can jot things down as I think of them. Hopefully it make it less stressful leading up to going x

ireland
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Worried I'm going to forget something-first trip!

Have you travel insurance?

I wouldnt worry too much! My rule is once i have our passports + bank cards + dd2 pillow!!! Every thing else can be bought or sorted anyway.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Worried I'm going to forget something-first trip!

Thank you so much for your replies everyone! :)

We have travel insurance sorted so that's good.

We're taking Euros and our bank (debit) cards- we don't have a credit card- we won't need one will we? We're going to tell the bank we're going away.

I am definitely going to be writing lists thank you for the tip- it helps me to feel more organised :D

Thanks for the tip about Calpol, I'll make sure to take some! We're going to get a lock for our pushchair too just in case.

Does anyone know much about this room charge card thing? Do we have to do it? I'm worried that if the hotel swipe my card then they'll freeze a certain amount in my bank and I'm not too keen on that really. I'm hoping the bank will be able to tell me roughly how much we'll be charged to withdraw cash out there although we will be taking some Euros- not sure how much yet as I'm not keen on carrying around huge amounts of money.

I'm so excited to go!! Thank you all for your tips. If anyone has any other advice please let me know :)

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Worried I'm going to forget something-first trip!

No - you don't have to use a room charge card, where you can give hotel your card details to have meal /drinks / goods/ etc charged to your room. We never do this - its just as easy to use your card in restaurants or shops. Just be sure to follow the normal security precautions.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Worried I'm going to forget something-first trip!

We always take some euros and say we're not going to spend anymore than that then we ALWAYS end up using our debit cards too LOL! I never take credit cards or charge cards. As you say, telling your bank youre going abroad and where you're going is important as they might detect it as fraud and decline any transactions. I don't like carrying wads of cash either, I leave some in the hotel safe if there is one and split the rest between dh and I.