We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dream Castle- Can you walk to Disney from here?

La Chaux-de-Fonds...
Level Contributor
7 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Dream Castle- Can you walk to Disney from here?

Hi- I have seen many comments about the horrors of the bus...can you walk to the parks from the hotel? Not sure if there are paths?? Thanks for any insight!

Britain
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dream Castle- Can you walk to Disney from here?

Good Evening We stayed at Dream Castle sister hotel in Dec Magic Circus and I would not think it is worth the trouble to walk to the park from there . It is about 2 miles but if you enjoy walking and enough time it is ok but I would not recomend it . When we were there the shuttle bus was not bad at all , but them we did not go to the park untill 10.30 - 11.00 and some days there was only us on the bus , and coming back at night it was quite full , but then it could be diffrent in the summer . Have a good holiday

La Chaux-de-Fonds...
Level Contributor
7 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dream Castle- Can you walk to Disney from here?

Thanks very much, appreciate the info...I will tolerate the bus! :)

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
52,760 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dream Castle- Can you walk to Disney from here?

Hi SoxFans,

As Bonso says, the Associated hotels are some distance from the parks, the other side of the road that circles resort. When they had an unexpected large amount of snow in Disney and the shuttle buses could not run for a day, people did walk from / to the non Disney hotels but someone reported that it took about 45 mins with a pushchair in those conditions.

The shuttle bus stops at each of these hotels about every 15 / 20 mins, and I believe that Dream Castle is the last pickup, so the bus can be crowded at peak times. Reception will tell you the time that the buses start running, so if you can go to the parks / Village early, or later as Bonso did, the bus will be less busy.

If you are going at a weekend or school holiday time, there will obviously be more people using the buses, with unfortunately some pushing and shoving from some guests who don't respect a queue line.

Edited: 3:01 pm, April 04, 2012
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,760 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dream Castle- Can you walk to Disney from here?

Bonso - can you remember the order of hotels that the bus stopped at for pickup and drop off?

I read that Dream Castle was last pickup, which seems strange as I would have expected it to be Explorers or Kyriad, as Magic Circus and Dream Castle are between them.

La Chaux-de-Fonds...
Level Contributor
7 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dream Castle- Can you walk to Disney from here?

Thanks much for the info, much appreciated!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,760 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dream Castle- Can you walk to Disney from here?

SoxFans - have you seen a map of resort showing the location of Dream Castle hotel?

Dream Castle is # 12 on this map.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/map/

If you look on Google maps you can see the resort and buildings, hotels, and even location of rides quite clearly. The ring road that goes around resort is the D344.

dream-disney-vacations.com/disneyland-paris-…

Click on view larger map.

The two parks are on the left of resort. There is a mistake here - where it says Hotel Cheyenne near Dumbo Flying Elephants ride, it is actually Sleeping Beauty's Castle! Go to the right and you can see MLV Chessy railway station, the Disney Village, Lake Disney with hotels New York, Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay, then hotel Santa Fe just inside the Boulevard Du Parc ring road.

Continue right across fields, and you will see a roundabout on the D344 Boulevard de l'Europe. Dream Castle, Magic Castle, Explorers and Kyriad hotels are to the right of this.

Edited: 5:54 am, April 05, 2012
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,760 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dream Castle- Can you walk to Disney from here?

See this aerial photo taken from Panoramagique hot air balloon by Lake Disney - the building in the very far distance with grey roof is Dream Castle. Gives you an idea of the distance from Sequoia Lodge and New York hotels in the foreground, and Santa Fe hotel which is the orange coloured buildings on the left, behind the 6 Sequoia lodge buildings.

flickr.com/photos/…

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,057 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dream Castle- Can you walk to Disney from here?

This is the route map for the bus that runs to the hotels:

http://buspeps.fr/Plans/Schema54.pdf

Here is the timetable, French and English:

buspeps.fr/fiches_horaires/buspeps_FH54_PA.p…

Dream Castle to the front gates is several kilometres and would take at least 40-45 minutes -- and not all of it has pavements.

Edited: 6:32 am, April 05, 2012
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,760 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dream Castle- Can you walk to Disney from here?

Thanks for adding the Peps bus links Sunshine.

( this bus is known as the Pink bus for obvious reason! )

The route shows the four hotels with Dream Castle and Magic Circus in the middle, so it doesn't seem logical to me when people say that DC is the last pickup.

One would assume that the bus went in a straight line stopping at each hotel on the way.

Edited: 6:53 am, April 05, 2012
La Chaux-de-Fonds...
Level Contributor
7 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dream Castle- Can you walk to Disney from here?

Ok that is pretty far...thank you both very much for the visual & bus schedule! Looking forward to a great time!

Edited: 1:04 pm, April 05, 2012