We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide Books for Disneyland Paris.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,878 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Guide Books for Disneyland Paris.

Although we try to help people as much as possible on forum, guide books can also be helpful and some contain good photos.

The only problem is that things change so often in resort, that they can be out of date very quickly, but still make interesting reading before a trip.

I have not seen this one, but it seems to be written especially for children, so a good present to give a child before a surprise DLP trip.

amazon.co.uk/Knapsack-Guide-Disneyland-Resor…

The Unofficial Guide is good, but does not have any photos. It has suggested touring plans for the parks. The same people write the Unoffical Guide to WDW which is very popular.

amazon.co.uk/Unofficial-Guide-Disneyland-Par…

The Brit Guide has lots of colour photos, and some discount vouchers in the back. Make sure you buy a current edition.

amazon.co.uk/Guide-DisneyLand-Paris-Simon-Ve…

Edited: 12:57 pm, April 02, 2012
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide Books for Disneyland Paris.

i really like the brit guide we took it with us and found it very useful last year its funny you have just added this thread figgygirl, i just ordered the new one on amazon yesterday :)

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,878 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide Books for Disneyland Paris.

LOL! I decided to add this because another poster asked about ideas for telling children about a surprise DLP trip, and I came across the Knapsack guide book for kids when I was Googling for the AA book, which they don't seem to do any more.

Ballymena, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide Books for Disneyland Paris.

I'm considering purchasing one of the above guidebooks but I'm wondering if they will be in anyway beneficial. I am heading to DLP for the first time in October. I have read so much DLP material online in the couple of months since we booked our trip so will these books provide me with any information that I don't already know?

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,878 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide Books for Disneyland Paris.

Hi Stephen,

The guide books mentioned are interesting to read before your trip, and ones with photos can help make things clearer. They give good general information, along with various tips, but some things will be out of date or no longer current, as the seasons vary in DLP.

If you feel you have already got enough info for planning your trip from the various websites and forums, then a guide book is not really necessary.

They should be on sale in bookshops, so flick through them first to see if you think they will be beneficial to you or not.

Ballymena, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide Books for Disneyland Paris.

It hadn't even crossed my mind to have a look at them in a bookshop, Thanks for the tip,

I've a feeling I do already have enough information but it might be quite good to have it all contained in a book which I can take around with me on the trip.

Thaks for the reply

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,878 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guide Books for Disneyland Paris.

The books contain more info than just about the parks, as they also include the hotels, Disney Village, Val D'Europe and also visitng Paris or other sights in the area.

That is why it is useful to read them before you go, and make your own notes from them, to save carrying a fairly chunky book around with you.

Ballymena, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Guide Books for Disneyland Paris.

Just ordered it. Looking forward to getting stuck into it when it arrives.

There's an interview with the author on the latest episode of the Dedicated to DLP podcast for anyone's who's interested

Uk
Level Contributor
101 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guide Books for Disneyland Paris.

I bought the Brit Guide and I found it very useful to help with planning. I took it to work to read in my lunch hour, and read it on the train and in the queues, so it was a very good addition to the copious notes that I took from reading threads on here. It was also good as something for DH to read - I could say "These are the rides good for wet weather" and he could look them up and see what they were. I would highly recommend if you do want a Guide Book.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
56 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guide Books for Disneyland Paris.

Hi folks - we're really pleased to see the recommendations for the Brit Guide on here and would like to thank all those who have mentioned it. As it happens, we are currently working on the edition for 2014/15 at the moment (which is how I found this thread!) and it should be out in late February. With so much to do now beyond the parks (we're big fans of Val D'Europe especially), we think a guidebook is still really handy for the area, especially if you've been before and might want to try something different, while it is also designed to give first-timers the full low-down in the most handy form. We're always grateful for feedback, too :)

Level Contributor
1,070 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Guide Books for Disneyland Paris.

I would be very interested in a section on Val d'Europe as i have just booked an offsite hotel for the first time and I'm actually clueless the surrounding area, despite visiting DLP many times and knowing it like the back of my hand. in fact I was searching the internet only today for a tourist information guide, without much joy. I'd say there is definitely a market for a guide to the shops, restaurants, hotels and entertainment in this area.