We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Joining the parades jan 13-15

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Joining the parades jan 13-15

Hi we are going out this weekend with our twins who wil celebrate their sixth bithday. Each year we go and this year they would love to take part in a parade. Does anyone know who we go about this? Or have an email address of someone we can ask.

Many thanks for any help

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,791 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Joining the parades jan 13-15

I don't think this is possible unless you travel with a charity or group for sick or disabled children.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Joining the parades jan 13-15

I think caspdex is right. In fact, I can't say I have ever seen any visitors, disabled or otherwise, join in the parade

CM's are pretty quick to move the crowd back if they step an inch over the lines they mark out with rope, so I cant see anyone being given permission to join the actual parade

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,791 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Joining the parades jan 13-15

I have seen videos of the parades with obviously very sick children, but never in person.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Joining the parades jan 13-15

Hi bunny,

Originally they used to invite a family to ride in one of the vintage vehicles at the front of the daytime parade in the main park, but I have not seen this for a while. As casdex says, they do special things for very disabled or sick children sometimes ( like turning on the Christmas Tree lights with Mickey, which a friend of one of my sons did one year ).

The large floats currently stop enroute in Once Upon A Dream Parade, and children are invited from the kerbside to join Characters and Princes/ Princesses for dancing for a few minutes.

I assume you know that you can arrange a birthday cake to be brought to your table by Cast Members or Characters in Disney restaurants. Cost € 25. Also contact your hotel and ask them if they can put birthday balloons in your room for arrival, which they usually do, with a card.

Some children have been given a birthday gift voucher on checkin to exchange for an autograph book, pen or Mickey helium balloon, so worth asking about that.

Hope you have a lovely weekend and good weather!

Edited: 2:25 pm, January 11, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Cafe Mickey
Cafe Mickey
5,475 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Joining the parades jan 13-15

Have a word with the Cast Member on duty at Stitch theatre entrance, or the Cast Member with the microphone inside the theatre if you go into Stitch Live in the Studios. If you tell them that it is their birthday, they may ask Stitch to talk to them. Worth trying.

Take birthday badges with you, as you can't buy them in the parks.

Edited: 2:30 pm, January 11, 2012
6. Re: Joining the parades jan 13-15

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, March 11, 2013