We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could someone help me please with transfers from CDG?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Could someone help me please with transfers from CDG?

I was wondering how easy it is to get from CDG to disneyland using the train? And how late do they run?

I have used the disney shuttle before, but we land at 7.30pm and we won't catch the last coach.

We have the option of taxi, but trying to keep costs down.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Could someone help me please with transfers from CDG?

If by train you mean the RER, the cost is 15.50€ each way. However, expect the time en route to be from 90 minutes to two hours just to reach the park. I should consider the RER as a last resort as there is a change of trains required at Chatelet, one of the busiest stations in Paris and this is the longest time en route (with the possible exception of a shared ride shuttle).

Depending upon how many are travelling, a taxi might be cheaper than a shuttle.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Could someone help me please with transfers from CDG?

Thank You, i have just been looking at the private shuttles as we wont arrive in time to catch the vea, it's the same price as using the tgv and by the looks of it, a lot easier too!!!

Bristol
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Could someone help me please with transfers from CDG?

I have previously used the TGV service using RailEurope to purchase our tickets. Tickets can only be purchased 4 months before te date you wish to travel. I chose this method of transfer as our flight landed at 9.30 pm and I couldn't find any other option due to the time. However we plan to do the same trip next month and unfortunatley the trains stop at around 9.45 pm so this is not an option. We are instead using ezyshuttle for our tranfer of 2 adults and 2 children at the same price (70 euros each way) as the 9 minute train journey.This is a private taxi transfer and we will be met in arrivals so no mamouth walk to the train station....I wish I have found this option last time as the train station was a huge hassle! TA gives this service great reviews so hopefully all will go to plan. If there are four of you travelling this really is a very cost effective way and you will be taken straight to your hotel so no need to lug luggage on the shuttle bus when you arrive at the station. Good luck !

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Could someone help me please with transfers from CDG?

<<Tickets can only be purchased 4 months before te date you wish to travel.>>

Where did you get this information? Schedules are not available earlier than 3 months before any given departure (unless you are purchasing iDTGV tickets and Raileuorpe does not sell them). Raileurope has been known to pre sale tickets before the schedules are posted but the tickets are sold at exorbitant prices. You´ll pay a fraction of the price for the same tickets if you use the normal SNCF web sites, www.tgv-europe.com.

Actually you can purchase tickets on the TGV to DLP anytime, even minutes before departure, as long as seats remain available to sell.

Bristol
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Could someone help me please with transfers from CDG?

I assumed it was 4 months the same as Eurostar....

I always prebook tickets to ensure a seat when using trains.

My post is purely on my own experience and am not a travel agent or expert. Thank you for you advice.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,861 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Could someone help me please with transfers from CDG?

A pre-booked private shuttle is the easiest method, and (dependent on size of your group) can be reasonably cost effective as well. We found TGV to be a lot of hassle from CDG and quite time consuming for the whole end-to-end journey. (The 9 mins actually moving on the TGV is fine, but much more hassle at both ends)

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,053 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Could someone help me please with transfers from CDG?

Hi,

The cheapest tickets for the fast TGV train are called Prem tickets, and are sold about 3 months in advance. The only risk you take is that your flight is not delayed, as these tickets cannot be used on a later train than booked for. They are not flexible. I think they cost around € 15- €17 which is similar to the € 18 adult VEA shuttle bus price.

Closer to travel time the TGV tickets can cost around € 30 I believe, so more expensive for a family.

I used ezyshuttle again last week for both ways to/ from Orly airport - Disneyland. John met us at arrivals after sending me a text that he might be late due to heavy traffic. By the time we had been to the loo, he was waiting for us. His wife drove us back to Orly as she sometimes does driving if John is busy. He also employs two lady drivers. ( he told me that as the majority of his passengers are families with kids, he finds lady drivers are more careful! ).

These are the companies that our posters have often used and recommend.

www.ezyshuttle.com

www.isprestige.com

www.prestige-transfer.com

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,053 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Could someone help me please with transfers from CDG?

Just to add - the advantage of CDG over Orly, is that if there is heavy traffic on the main roads to Disney, John can take a couple of different routes via the back roads. He can't do this from/ to Orly, as there is no alternative.

The journey from CDG to Disneyland resort takes 30 - 45 mins depending on traffic and route.

Flybe from Southampton now only go to Orly, so we no longer have the choice.

Edited: 9:35 pm, October 10, 2011
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,053 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Could someone help me please with transfers from CDG?

I agree with KWUK - the 10 mins TGV train sounds appealing, but you have to bear in mind the time getting to Terminal 2D for the TGV station, then getting from Chessy station to your hotel.

It can be more hassle with young children/ babies and luggage than a private transfer.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Could someone help me please with transfers from CDG?

Thanks for all the replies, i will have a look at the private transfers now, i need the easiest possible way!! We have 3 kids ( 5, 4 and 1 ) so need the most straightforward transfer possible!