We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best place for a good meal

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
The best place for a good meal

Hello all,

If you were asked to recommend one restaurant in one of the parks and one outside (Disney Village or a hotel) for 2 adults, no kids, any price, which would you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best place for a good meal

Oops, just read a previous post asking a similar question with Blue Lagoon appearing as the recommended choice. Would Inventions be the one outside the parks?

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,878 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best place for a good meal

Hi,

Inside the Disneyland Park,. we like Walt's and Blue Lagoon. They each have very different theming, but both quite sophisticated restaurants, with decoratively presented meals. Walt's is near the front of the park, on Main Street. Blue Lagoon is near the exit of Pirates of the Caribbean ride in Adventureland.

Walt's has lots of small rooms, each decorated differently, with early Victorian theming. Rooms are upstairs, so if you have a table by the window, you can look down onto Main Street. Meat, fish, risotto, salads etc.

Blue Lagoon is inside POTC ride, and has no windows - quite dark, lit by lanterns to give the imression of being outdoors at night. You can watch the ride boats go past. Blue Lagoon menu is mainly fish and seafood, with Caribbean/ Creole flavours, but meat and salads are also on the menu.

Inventions is the extensive buffet in the Disneyland Hotel, Premium category, open for lunch and also Character Dinner.

Their other restaurant is called the California Grill - table service, Premium category, but I have never eaten there, so can't comment.

For another nice table service restaurant outside the parks, consider the Yacht Club in the Newport Bay hotel, or the Manhattan ( Italian ) restaurant in the New York hotel.

Have you read reviews on TA? I have written some, and added photos.

Edited: 12:54 pm, November 24, 2010
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best place for a good meal

Thanks figgygirl. I've read a lot of reviews wand they are very helpful (as well as your post on recent prices) but there are many restaurants that aren't reviewed on here and I've read mixed stuff about Inventions so was hoping for some feedback on that one. I think I'm only going to be in the park on NYE which rules out Walts and Blue Lagoon (both are only doing a special dinner at mad prices). I may go to Agrabah on that day, just looking for somewhere on the 30th now.

Edited: 1:57 pm, November 24, 2010
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,878 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best place for a good meal

New Years Eve is a bit different - some of the restaurants do special fixed price menus for that, and very expensive.

You need to be careful that you do not miss any special parades or shows on NYE by having dinner. I think Fantillusion is on around 8.30pm. It is difficult to be exact until the NYE programme comes out, which probably will not be until about a week before. Once Upon A Dream parade and Dreams of Christmas parade may be around 5pm. ( This is the times that they start from Fantasyland, not the times they reach Town Square ). The parades take about 30 mins from start to finish, so if Fantillusion begins from near Small World at 8.30pm, it will be nearer 9pm before it gets to Town Square and the exit.

I have often heard people grumbling that the parade is late, when they are standing in Town Square, and do not realise that it is on its way from the other end of the park. You don't hear the music until the floats are approaching, and CM's go ahead to clear the route.

Agrabah might be a good idea for NYE rather than leaving the park, as you may have to queue to get back in again.

Although you don't have to go through security from the Disneyland Hotel, you still have to queue for the entry turnstiles, and lots of people may be arriving for the afternoon/ evening if they have Annual Passes.

The restaurants in the hotels usually open at 6pm.

Noisy-le-Grand...
Level Contributor
790 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The best place for a good meal

Outside DLRP, but near:

In Serris,"Centre Commercial International Val d'Europe", "Hippopotamus", "Sakura Val d'Europe", "Kyoto", "Del Arte", "La Criée", "Elysée Val d'Europe",

in the village "Chez Gaston Au Petit Pavé".

In Bailly-Romainvilliers "Warsi".

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,912 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The best place for a good meal

while the restaurants Campone mentions are indeed local restaurants, none are in DLRP or in the Village, and none are convenient to the parks, particularly if you're intending to stay for the holiday festivities.

The ones at Val d'Europe are in the shopping mall (a short train ride away) and close at 10pm.

The others are reachable only by a car or taxi.

Dublin
Level Contributor
220 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The best place for a good meal

Hi, re Inventions.

Have eaten there on both our trips as we stayed in the hotel.

First time, I wasn't so impressed (but that may have been the shock of the price!). Second time, we had the free dining offer and I felt the felt the quality was better or maybe I was just more accepting of the fact that the standard of food in Disney is just not great overall. Well, that's my personal opinion!

The great thing about Inventions though is the amount of choice. It is a huge buffet of hot and cold foods and there's a fantastic selection for adults and children alike.

And there is loads of opportunity for character interaction. They come round the tables and spend lots of time with the kids for autographs, pics etc.

If you're booking a table, I'd recommend asking not to be placed in the section where the buffet is set up. It's very busy there and not so pleasant.

Have a great time!

8. Re: The best place for a good meal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 26, 2011