We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free drinks in the parks.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Free drinks in the parks.

Since 2009 Disneyland Paris has repeatedly run a promotion offering a free softdrink to be collected between 3 pm and 5 pm at selected counter service locations in the two theme parks. In fact the promotion has pretty much run continuously now with the exception of the winter months during which the free soft drink was replaced with a free hot drink.

How to get the free drink? Originally one free drink was offered with each receipt issued at a counter service location in the two parks during the morning and lunch hours. This program, while not advertised anywhere, still runs. Most lately the offer has been expanded to include receipts issued during the same time window in the shops of both parks (without any advertising as well).

However, the latest change came as a surprise when it was encounter on Tuesday: upon ordering a single espresso the receipt issued at the counter location came with … a voucher for a free softdrink during the afternoon! If not the result of a technical glitch (which would be strange considering how long the promotion is already running) it seems there is no minimum value of the receipts required to trigger the automated issuing of the voucher. Or maybe there has been such minimum value requirement in the past and has been given up? Is the resort assuming that the promotion creates enough additional revenue for each voucher issued that makes it worth handing the vouchers out at any receipt-value? After all, it is not uncommon to see families and small groups of guests in the counter service locations during the afternoon picking up one free soft drink with a voucher and buying a small snack or an additional drink for someone else in the group, which they might not have bought if the free drink wouldn’t have attracted them into the counter service location in the first place.

If you are a family buying items, purchase each separately, so you get more receipts for free drinks later. If you buy items and pay for them altogether, you will only get one receipt, and so only one free drink.

Information from dlpinfo.com

Edited: 8:15 pm, July 02, 2010
Dorset
Level Contributor
44 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Free drinks in the parks.

Good news about the free drinks as there are 5 of us going on sunday and the kids will be wanting hot drinks. Do you have to buy the original drink in one of the places you listed to get the voucher?

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Free drinks in the parks.

People have said that they have had the free drink receipt when they have bought items in merchandise shops as well, so you may not have to buy the original drink in one of the free drink places. The staff don't mention the free drinks, so many people just throw their receipts away, or leave them on the tables, so keep an eye out for spare ones!

Maybe best to ask before you buy the drinks, to make sure you get the free ones!

The list of places to redeem your receipt also changes - it was different last August than in January, so it may vary between summer and winter months.

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
13 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Free drinks in the parks.

Free drinks still available and I managed to grab one ticket in Videopolis during lunch and then used it in the afternoon in Colonel.... to have hot chocolate (+ coffee we paid for cost EUR 2,20).

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Free drinks in the parks.

Link for another thread about the free drinks in the parks.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k4…

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Free drinks in the parks.

Free drinks were still being offered on my trip in January 2012.

Another thread asking about the free drinks vouchers.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k5…

Luton, England...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Free drinks in the parks.

Hi is this a voucher alongside a receipt or is the voucher the actual receipt? Thanks

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Free drinks in the parks.

Hi Hollie,

I think it is mentioned on your receipt, listing the places where you can get the free drink after a certain time.

I have also read that they are going to introduce a similar offer ticket, but with money off purchases in Disney shops. I don't know yet if this is in addition to the free drink ones, or replacing them.

Edited: 7:05 am, September 28, 2012
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Free drinks in the parks.

Sorry - on second thoughts I think they do give you a separate ticket for this. I have counter service receipts from June, but no free drinks mentioned on them, so I must have handed in the separate tickets to get my drinks!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Free drinks in the parks.

Free drinks vouchers/receipts were still being given on my October, November and December 2012 trips.

kerry,ireland
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Free drinks in the parks.

Figgy ,October November and December trips? You lucky thing!