We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is healthy eating possible here?

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Is healthy eating possible here?

Hi, we are staying at New York hotel with our two 5 year olds in April. I have heard from various people that healthy eating is difficult in the Parks, but just wondered if anyone could recommend any restaurants that might at least have a healthy choice. Or anywhere that might do salads, sushi, grilled food. I am sure this is wishful thinking but any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,503 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is healthy eating possible here?

I haven't seen sushi but you can get salad on every menu. The kids menus all offer either a yoghurt or fruit bowl for dessert if you want that choice.

If you are at a table service restaurant either in or out of the park you should have no problems ordering your food exactly as you want it i.e without sauce or with side salad rather than chips.

At breakfast time at your hotel you will find cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts etc too.

I would suggest if you are there for more than a couple of days that you catch the train to the nearby Val de Europe and stock up on healthy treats/fruit there for the kids to snack on. Alternatively pack some stuff in your case (not hand luggage) to bring with you.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is healthy eating possible here?

Healthy eating is possible in Disneyland.

But it often cost to eat dinner out, and with that I mean where ever You go out on a restaurant for eating.

I my self is a chef, and I loved the food at Disneyland, the places we was eating was

intervension at lunch and dinner buffet.

At Mickeys cafe, and at lucky nugget salon buffet.

We had no problem with finding healthy food there.

But of course You can get pommes frites there as well .

Another thing

sometimes it is ok for the children and adults to get pommes frites special when they don´t get it in the daily cost.

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is healthy eating possible here?

Thanks so much to you for taking the time to respond, your advice is much appreciated.

West Mids
Level Contributor
218 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is healthy eating possible here?

Hiya, I agree with previous post - the Lucky Nugget offered some really good veggie / healthy options ( salmon / salad / veggie pasta etc ) along with the usual family faves and kiddie specials. The choice is great. Enjoy !

5. Re: Is healthy eating possible here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 18, 2009