We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time to eat dinner in Disneyland?

6 posts
Save Topic
When is the best time to eat dinner in Disneyland?

Hi, I would like to make a couple of dinner reservations for me and my 6-year old daughter (one for the hotel where we are staying, second one for the Blue Lagoon in the park). I know that the castle is being lit up at 7 pm (Candleabration). Is it worth waiting to see it and then have our supper or would you recommend to eat first and then go into the park and see the ceremony? Thanks a lot.

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is the best time to eat dinner in Disneyland?

You need to check what times the park is closing on the day you are there as if you have reservations towards closing times I have heard from friends that very often the restaurant is quiet and they are tidying up and preparing to close.

You might find after a long day in the park you are ready to eat a bit earlier when you have your Blue Lagoon meal.

For your hotel meal I would suggest watching the candleabration and then heading to your hotel after - so making your reservation 7.45pm onwards.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is the best time to eat dinner in Disneyland?

I have just got back - the lighting of candles at 7pm is most definately worth watching - it was great.

The main parade is at 4pm - this is great too. Haloween parade about 3.40pm.

Park closes at 7pm weekdays and either 9 or 10pm on weekends.

If you stay in a Disney hotel you get access from 8am instead of 10am when it opens to public - worth doing for the busy rides.

Be aware of the Spanish - they will push in and the French too - Spanish in my experience are the worst of all.

Forget you are British for a while and when in Rome (well Paris - lol)

I want to live in the castle :-)

3. Re: When is the best time to eat dinner in Disneyland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 10, 2009
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question