We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baby milk on plane

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
baby milk on plane

Hi my sister is travelling with her 6 month old baby.are you allowed to take baby milk powder on flight hes protein intolrant so it has to be made as he needs it

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baby milk on plane

Yes she can

Can I suggest she makes up the bottles she will need with just the water and take the powder in a dispenser made especially for formula avent.com/uk/en/bottlefeeding_accessories.php

This itme holds enough for 3 feeds

I assume when you say protein intollorant you mean he has a special formula?

HTH

KRx

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: baby milk on plane

yes its in powder form thanks for the info i presume your allowed to take the powder as long as it in the dispenser

thanks

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baby milk on plane

Yes, you can take the powder in the dispensers

Any full tins would be better in the hold in the luggage

KRx

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: baby milk on plane

thanks

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: baby milk on plane

are you allowed to take water on to the plane to make up baby bottles

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,609 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: baby milk on plane

I would suggest you buy this after passport control. You really need to check the website for the airline you are flying with to ensure you are compliant with their requirements.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: baby milk on plane

i think its going to be difficult as the water needs to have been boiled and then cooled ill email easyjet as need the doctor has advised my mum to let them know about her broken arm although he has given her a letter to saying shes fine to fly.

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,609 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: baby milk on plane

I think you need to premake your bottles up and then get the crew to heat them on the plane for you then. You then need to taste the item if asked by security.

Have you looked at this on the easyjet site

"carry in your hand luggage medicines and dietary requirements, including baby foods, for use during the flight. You will be asked for proof that they are genuine" easyjet.co.uk/EN/…new_eu_security_rules.html

Your mum will be OK flying - she just can't sit in an emergency seat as she would be unable to operate the door if necessary.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: baby milk on plane

i did see the information on easyjet thanks i ve emailed them to clafiy it.you are now advised not to pre make baby bottles up now its so different from whem my 2 were babies but i think its something to do with bacteria.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,709 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: baby milk on plane

benji,, at six months , unless the child has some sort of immune problem, the water does not have to be boiled.. sealed bottled water will be fine.

Check with doctor of course, but by six months child is sticking many "unboiled " and "unsterilized" things in his mouth! LOL

New moms are always so careful .

With my first baby I boiled his water, and sterlized his "soothers"( those rubber nipples babies sometimes suck on) . I also sterilized all his chew toys.. every day!!!

With my second one I stopped boiling water at about 4 months, and I just washed his soothers and toys in soap and water.

With my third one, when she dropped her soother on the carpet at home I picked it up, gave it a lick to get the lint off , and passed it back..

All three kids have survived. LOL

Make sure you remind sis not to feed baby too much before flight, you want the baby to drink during take off and landing so that its little ears with "pop", often people feed them so much before the flight that they won't drink on take off, and then look out for crying. Also a full tummy can make babies gassy, then the change in cabin pressure makes that gas hurt even more. Don't starve baby of course,, but waiting for hours at the airport can make giving them the bottle alot very tempting.

Good luck, the flight couldn't be too long ( I have no idea as our takes at leat 10 hours) so an hour or two and then they will be out of the plane.!