We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Shell Resort - LBI

Union City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Shell Resort - LBI

Has anyone been to the Sea Shell Resort on Long Beach Island this summer? My fiancé and I booked it for Labor Day week and I am not sure about it now due to some bad reviews posted here. I get that there is a party like atmosphere and we are ok with that aspect but concerned about the property being run down and rude staff.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Shell Resort - LBI

I have not personally stayed there. The motel is in a great central location, on the beach. However, there are many other motels/hotels and Inns or B&B that are within a few blocks of each other that do not generate the noise complaints that guests here have consistently stated in their reviews. I have eaten lunch poolside, sometimes while the band was playing and have at times found it fun. I am however in my late 40's and don't think I would appreciate being a hotel guest and having no control over the music/noise. Not when there are other establishments without that complaint. Now if you are young, here to party and will be up late most nights of your stay, you may not care.

If you want to stay in Beach Haven, go to the Beach Haven sub forum and click on the hotel tab there and read a bit. There is also a B&B/Inn tab which Beach Haven with many Victorian B&B/Inns is very proud of. In addition there are hotel/motels such The Engleside and the Coral Seas that are also beach front without the noise reputation of the Sea Shell.

Union City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Shell Resort - LBI

Hi. Thanks for your reply. That's exactly what I wanted to know! ;-)

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
29 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Shell Resort - LBI

The Sea Shell is definately like a spring break atmosphere. Ages range from 21- 50. They have daily poolside bands and happy hour specials that change daily. The Shell is alwaying happening. Many locals hang out there. In the evening, the restaurant is a night club. Some of the rooms are directly above the noise. Like all the other motels on the island, rooms tend to be a bit dated.

Ridgewood, New...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Shell Resort - LBI

Most people who stay on LBI stay in private homes that are rented out - often for very decent rates off season (which would include September.) Check out HomAway.com or VBRO.com.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Shell Resort - LBI

Dude this post is from July

6. Re: Sea Shell Resort - LBI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, May 08, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Long Beach Island
More Long Beach Island Topics