We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Parking Fees

Rochester NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Resort Parking Fees

I was just reading posts concerning Lava Java and I noticed a remark made by JOEJAX about the "ridiculous charges for self parking at the Hilton". We will be visiting Hawaii next month and I had considered a lunch or dinner (I know it is expensive) at the Hilton, but would I have to pay for parking and if so, how much? Might you be reimbursed if you had a meal there? Also, do the other upscale resorts on the Kohala coast charge a parking fee?

California
Level Contributor
6,397 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Parking Fees

Self parking for guests staying at the hotel is $15. per day. I think they also offer discounted parking with validation. Although not cheap, I don't find the food or drink prices any different then any of the better Hawaiian resort properties. There is also a small amount of free on street parking just past the main entrance to the hotel next to the maintenance shop/delivery area.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,663 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Parking Fees

I wouldn't choose to eat or drink at the Hilton. You can do much better in terms of location and quality of food/drink IMO.

Neither the Four Seasons nor the Mauna Lani charges to self park, nor does the Fairmont Orchid. The Mauna Kea does, I'm not sure how much or if they validate if you eat there. We usually valet at the MK when we eat there, there's no fee, but we tip $10.

Edited: 9:21 pm, February 21, 2012
3. Re: Resort Parking Fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, February 21, 2012
Canada
Level Contributor
9,204 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Parking Fees

I'm fairly certain that the Fairmont Orchid charges for Self Parking..... unless validated with a $15 purchase at Hotel restaurants/shops.

www.fairmont.com/Orchid/FactSheet…

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,663 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Parking Fees

I haven't been to the Orchid in a few months, but when I was there last (around September?) there was no fee or attendant.

connecticut
Level Contributor
108 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Parking Fees

Last time I was at the Orchid....Jan 2011....there was a parking fee. If you eat on premises they will validate and you do not have to pay the fee.

7. Re: Resort Parking Fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:40 pm, June 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kohala Coast