We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Winery

Ontario
Level Contributor
238 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best Winery

My husband and I will be visiting PEC in a couple of weeks. I am wondering if anyone can suggest a good winery to visit. We are from the Niagara Region, and so have been to many wineries here, so preferably something that focuses on the PEC region and grape growing.

Also, is there a winery that also has good lunches?

Thanks so much!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,105 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Winery

Closson Chase have my favorite wines - but they're expensive.

Both Huff Estates and Norman Hardie have good restaurants.

Waupoos Estates has a great location close to the lake ... they have a restaurant although I've never eaten there. Also close by to Waupoos is the County Cider Company - great beer and cider.

The PEC section of this link gives some good overviews of the various wineries:

winecountryontario.ca/prince-edward-county

Edited: 6:20 pm, July 18, 2013
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Winery

There are so many and most are great experiences. Lunch is great at Huff, Hardie and Hillier Creek (the latter two have pizza ovens). Rosehall Run is great and they have a market on site for purchasing local artisanal foods for a picnic on site. They also have outdoor theatre in the vineyard in August. It's always a blast. Some of my favourites are in the Milford area - Lighthall, Exultet and Long Dog are all really great if you can take the time to go further south.

Ontario
Level Contributor
238 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Winery

Wow! Thank you both for the great responses. I will be sure to check at least a few of these out! Much appreciated!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Winery

We really enjoyed Karlo Estates. I don't think they do meals but it was a great atmosphere and they did a great flight sampler including food pairings.

http://karloestates.com/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Winery

Oh, and I wanted to say - the County Cider house has the best view in the county, and the pizza was pretty good too.

Prince Edward County
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Winery

Thank you for your inquiry. If you visit the below link you will see a list of the wineries, brewery, cidery and distillery in Prince Edward County. princeedwardcounty.biz/2013/…

A number of wineries offer lunch but some of them are weekends only. It is best to confirm ahead of time.

Norman Hardie (pizza), Hillier Creek Estates (pizza), Grange of Prince Edward (variety), Waupoos Estates Winery (full restaurant), County Cider company (outdoor patio), Casa Dea Estates (Italian Restaurant), Huff Estates (Variety).

You can also visit the following link to view the insiders guide of Prince Edward County. Page 16 - 19 lists the wineries and the areas they are located. prince-edward-county.com/wp-content/visitors…

Have fun in the County! Community Development Department (cdd@pecounty.on.ca)

Ontario
Level Contributor
238 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Winery

Thanks everyone!

Kingston, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Winery

Well, we have tried almost all of them - 36 and counting except a couple of new ones this year - but for wine quality and consistency Black Prince Winery makes the best Red wines (Cabernet Franc and Merlot and a really good Rose) in The County hands-down. We are not as interested in whites but really liked Huff Riesling off-dry.

Both wineries are also in LCBO

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Winery

Hi saw your 2013 post. we will be going to this region next week. Any suggestions on good wineries and wines & best spots to eat at. we'll be biking around from Picton. Thanks for any suggestions. Cheers Ron

Picton, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Winery

Casa-Dea has a full service restaurant with Italian Cuisine including Pizza. Excellent wines including two All Canadian Wine Championship Gold medal winners in 2015.

Get answers to your questions about Prince Edward County
More Prince Edward County Topics