We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biking to wineries

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Biking to wineries

Hello all,

I'm heading to PEC and staying in Bloomfield this long weekend. Really looking forward to it!

Is it possible to bike to surrounding wineries from Bloomfield. Google maps shows me it can be done but I'm not aware of the roads and conditions. Do people typically do this?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,619 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biking to wineries

Most of the roads are country road paved - so there are some bumps, and cracks, etc. but certainly rideable. There are always lots of cyclists out and about.

This thread from earlier in the year gives you an idea of the various additional cycling trails and maps.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g2218238-i26683-k6…

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Biking to wineries

Awesome, thanks for the response!

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Biking to wineries

Hi Marc,

County Road 15 is one of the smoothest, a relatively most quiet road in the county. It is in the northern part of the county and runs along the shore of the Bay of Quinte. It brings you through Demorestville, past Big Island Road, through North Port and all the way to HWY 49. It's a great ride through small villages and farmlands and has great views of the water.

4. Re: Biking to wineries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, May 15, 2014
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Biking to wineries

Carolin B, advertizing/self-promotion is not allowed on the forums. You've now made 3 posts, all of them endorsing the B&B that you acknowledge in one of the others is your business, and the other two (including this one) are on threads about trips that have already happened. Your posts are being reported.

6. Re: Biking to wineries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, November 12, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Prince Edward County
More Prince Edward County Topics