We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants on North Side need reservations?

MN
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants on North Side need reservations?

Making some of our plans for our trip to GC and the Cayman Kai area. Whereas we'll be staying in a villa and doing some of our cooking, we'll also be eating out for lunches or dinners at various times through the week when we're out exploring or after a day on the water.

So am wondering…...Do we need reservations at north side places, like Over the Edge or Kurt's (already have reservations for Kaibo's)? We'll be going the week of March 24-31 and since that's the week leading up to Easter just wasn't sure. Thanks in advance for any advice! We're so looking forward to it!

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,848 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants on North Side need reservations?

Only places we make reservations on North Side and East End are:

Rum Point Club

Kaibo Upstairs or for their Luna Del Mar or other theme/holiday dinner

Tukka

Lighthouse (technically in Breakers)

Based on the week for your visit, can't hurt to have one for Over the Edge.

michigan
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants on North Side need reservations?

Hi, my family and I are arriving just before you leave (on the 30th). I had the same ? as you about reservations. So after reading the reviews here and learning about each restaurant @ caymangoodtaste, I decided to email the restaurants directly and ask. I'm happy to say that every one of the places has promptly responded to my emails. Some places suggested reservations. So my advice is to send them an email :) Sorry, I didn't have either Over the Edge or Kurt's on my list. It's nice to get such friendly emails back from the places that you are so looking forward to going to!!!! Good Luck!!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,071 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants on North Side need reservations?

Easter week is a good idea to make reservations wherever you are. While the population is less on the Northside so are the number of restaurants. If you are thinking about doing an Easter brunch you definitely will want reservations. Many people are off Good Friday and some Easter Monday so not only do you have more visitors on the island, but you also have more families who live there going out!

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants on North Side need reservations?

My friends and I arrived in the late afternoon on Easter Sunday last year, and were advised by friends from Old Man Bay that we should make reservations ahead of time at Over the Edge.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,995 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants on North Side need reservations?

We make reservations at all of the places that testudo does, usually just the day of or the day before, except for special holiday dates where I would make reservations further in advance. We do eat dinner early so that makes things easier for us.

MN
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants on North Side need reservations?

Thanks all for your advice. I think to be on the safe side given the week we'll be there, I'll make reservations for a couple of the places! Thanks so much.

7. Re: Restaurants on North Side need reservations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 12, 2014