We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luna Del Mar?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Luna Del Mar?

I just made a reservation to attend the Luna Del Mar event, my question is can I take the free Red Sail sports ferry to get there on time or do I have to pay for the boat taxi to get there?

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luna Del Mar?

If you freeload on RedSail's ferry that is offered with the intention of bringing patrons to the Rum Point Club restaurant, you'd have a 1 mile walk each way and loads of bad karma.

Since Kaibo offers a water taxi service directly to their dock, if it were me I'd pay the couple of bucks and do the right thing.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luna Del Mar?

Hi Testudo,

You seem to know a lot about Grand Cayman, so if you don't mind I'd like to ask you a few questions.=)

I want to know how this water taxi works. I have reservations at Kaibo and would like to take a water taxi there, but I'm a little confused. It say's price per head is $25 and that would be great for my husband and I to just pay $50 dollars for both of us. But it also say's $150 minimum and we can't afford that much and we don't have friends to go with us. So does the company arrange for other couples to ride together on one taxi, or not. Cause that would be convienient.

An other question, Im interested in doing the bio-luminesence kayak tour from the company located on kaibo beach, can I take the water taxi there too, cause it would be cheaper then renting a car! Or is the taxi just used for the resturant guests only.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luna Del Mar?

Check in with Kaibo to see if they have other guests also taking the water taxi., as it is a pooled service. Don't blame you for flinching at $150 for the two of you.

Luna Del Mar is one of the more popular Kaibo dinners and usually has water taxi guests, so depending on the day of the bio-bay tour, the water taxi may or may not be a viable option,

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luna Del Mar?

I think you would be able to rent a car for less than the water taxi....might not be as much fun as the boat ride however. Luna Del Mar wouldn't be happening the same time as the biolum. Tour. Luna is close to the full moon and the biolum tour is not done around full moon times.

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luna Del Mar?

They'll group people together for the water taxi - just call / email them. The $150 is just the minimum they need to pay for gas, the driver and the boat. don't think its a money earner for them- just a helpful way to get more people over there from the west side.

6. Re: Luna Del Mar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, May 12, 2013