We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am staying in LES CRETES-EUROLOISIRS in the month of may

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
I am staying in LES CRETES-EUROLOISIRS in the month of may

How to reach the place from Geneva airport

How can i spend 7 days there

How many places can i see is Swiss

Can i go to Paris or Italy, if so how

What is the review about the resort

31 replies to this topic
bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I am staying in LES CRETES-EUROLOISIRS in the month of may

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g2182787-i28136-k6…

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
32,829 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am staying in LES CRETES-EUROLOISIRS in the month of may

Not a good choice, I am afraid! At any time of the year, frankly put!

Torgon in May is really, really "out of season". It is small even in season... and most things will be closed there in May.

Add to which transport links with the rest of Switzerland are not good. The last bus for Torgon (and you must use the bus... not train!) leaves Aigle around 5.30pm. Which seriously cuts down the time you have each day to sightsee elsewhere.

you cannot go to Paris or Italy in a day from Torgon and return the same night.

To get there from Geneva you take a train to Aigle and a bus from Aigle. No other way except to hire a car.

And finally - the flowers will not be blooming up there until very late May, early June. I really hope you can change your plans...

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am staying in LES CRETES-EUROLOISIRS in the month of may

i am coming to swiss on May 25th and leave on June 2nd and i cannot change my plan now, with this plan what best we can do, please suggest

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
32,829 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I am staying in LES CRETES-EUROLOISIRS in the month of may

First please note that the name of our country is not "Swiss". Swiss are the people who live here. The name is Switzerland.

Second - you will have to do excursions in the immediate area. you might be able to go as far away as Bern, but that is about it.

Places to see:

Montreux - Chillon

Vevey

Lake cruise on the Léman

Wine Museum in Aigle

Lausanne

Lavaux vineyards

Martigny and the Fondation Gianadda and Museum of St Bernard dogs

Bern

Gruyères and the chocolate factory at Broc

You will have to be in Aigle for the last bus of the day which leaves there at 1820. There are only 4 buses a day from Aigle to Torgon which makes scheduling difficult. The first bus leaving Torgon for Aigle goes at 0753.

when you look up transport schedules, put in Torgon as your place of departure and the place you want to go to for the day as your destination. The site will give you all the connections and timing. For Gruyères you will have to travel via Montreux. For Bern via Lausanne.

The buses at Aigle go from the main train station so all you do is get off one and onto an other.

IF you can hire a car you would have far more flexibility but that means driving up the narrow windy road to Torgon and we drive on the right hand side of the road... also it means parking the car when you get where you are going or at the station in Aigle both of which can be costly.

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I am staying in LES CRETES-EUROLOISIRS in the month of may

Sorry about that word swiss, i didn't know that,

What can i able to see in the places suggested

In switzerland can i go to following

1.Mt. Pilatus

2.The Rhine falls

3. Geneva

4.The Jungfrau Region

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I am staying in LES CRETES-EUROLOISIRS in the month of may

You could just about do Geneva as a day trip, leaving Torgon on the first bus in the morning and coming back on the last one in the afternoon. It's two hours travel each way.

Pilatus, the Rhine Falls and the Jungfrau region are all at least four hours away from Torgon (in each direction), not doable as day trips. You need to look at a map of Switzerland and choose excursions that are not at the opposite end of the country from where you are staying!

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
32,829 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I am staying in LES CRETES-EUROLOISIRS in the month of may

To add to Neuch's post above -

you need to look at www.myswitzerland.com for ideas as to what to see in which places. Also the local tourist office websites. Enter www. and then the name of the town, and then .ch

so Montreux would be www.montreux.ch

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I am staying in LES CRETES-EUROLOISIRS in the month of may

thank you and in case of i am taking swiss railway pass can i travel without reservations in trains for local site seeing and also can i book bus, train and boat together

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
32,829 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I am staying in LES CRETES-EUROLOISIRS in the month of may

When you have a Swiss pass you can travel without any booking on any bus, train or boat except on the Glacier and Bernina express trains... where a seat reservation is requierd. Just show up and go.

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: I am staying in LES CRETES-EUROLOISIRS in the month of may

I am staying at this resort from 5th May , we arrive into Zurich by Air from India at 0615 hrs and will take a train to Aigle to reach Aigle around Noon on 5th

- can i get a bus to the resort

- are taxis avaiable at Aigle to take me and my wife to the resort, if Yes what will be

the cost of the taxi

would be grateful for your advice,

Milind Wagle

milind.wagle@pplpack.com

Reply to: I am staying in LES CRETES-EUROLOISIRS in the month of may
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torgon