We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day in Kodiak, walk from cruise ship?

Ca
Level Contributor
16 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
one day in Kodiak, walk from cruise ship?

My sister and I will be in Kodiak for one day in May (cruise with Silversea). We are good walkers. Can we walk or take a taxi to points of interest? We are particularly interested in the Baranov and Alutiiq Museums. We would prefer to go on our own in order to go at our own pace rather than book an excursion with the cruise ship. Thanks in advance.

11 replies to this topic
Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
8,791 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: one day in Kodiak, walk from cruise ship?

From where your cruise ship docks it is a long walk into town. When we were there last year while on the ferry (Kennicott) to Dutch Harbor there was nothing out there worth seeing. The regular ferry (Tustumena) docks at the ferry dock which is right downtown and walking distance of everything.

And, as you are on the Silver Shadow, you will be in Homer the next day (May 14th) and you will be further away from town. Shuttle busses should be there (and I believe they are free for Silverseas). We probably will be there handing out visitor guides, look for an old guy.

Edited: 12:54 pm, March 18, 2014
Reply to: one day in Kodiak, walk from cruise ship?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kodiak
More Kodiak Topics