We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice re 1 night South Western Lombok

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
28 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Advice re 1 night South Western Lombok

Hi,

We are heading to Pearl Beach Resort on Gilli Asahan for 3 nights, before heading up to Sengiggi and the 3 Northern Gillies in July. Our flight lands in Lombok at around 4.30 pm and we will go to Pearl Beach Resort the following day. I am interested in recommendations about where to stay for that 1 night. I am considering Kuta, then perhaps hiring a van and driver to explore the southern coast line prior to meeting our boat in Labuan Poh that afternoon. Can anyone comment on this plan and/or advise an alternative? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Praya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice re 1 night South Western Lombok

Hi,

Kuta is a good choice as it's on the central south coast and is the main 'town' in that area. I am the owner of Bombora bungalows we have 5 bungalows in the centre of Kuta (it's more like a village than a town really) and within walking distance of shops and restaurants as well as on the road to the beach. Kuta is 25 minutes away from the Airport and there are plenty of options with regards to arranging transport to the Gili Islands (both north and south). There is a hotel near the airport too but not much to see there.

Kind regards

Louise

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
28 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice re 1 night South Western Lombok

Thanks Louise. We have 15 in our group and were keen to stay at bombora, but you did not have room on our dates. We have managed to find other accommodation in Kuta and are looking forward to our visit.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice re 1 night South Western Lombok

Great to see you on TA forums Louise :)

4. Re: Advice re 1 night South Western Lombok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, February 08, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kuta