We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus/train from Doolin to Dingle

Delta, british...
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
bus/train from Doolin to Dingle

We plan to leave Doolin on Sunday June 17th, taking public transportation. We are having a difficult time understanding the bus schedules on line and would appreciate a few suggestions. We do not plan on renting a car. I know that we will have to transfer a few times, but would like to know if it is possible to get to Dingle from Doolin on a Sunday.

Thanks for you time

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: bus/train from Doolin to Dingle

I give up Soonas because even when I change the date to July 22nd I am still getting the Limerick - Tralee @ 13.35.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: bus/train from Doolin to Dingle

It appears that bus 13 also travels Limerick-Tralee, but by a different route.

www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1279293740-54.pdf

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,409 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: bus/train from Doolin to Dingle

@young50s

Please ignore my earlier advice and follow that given by Mary99ireland. You can do the journey on Sunday

@mary99ireland

My apologies, I was working off the Limerick/Kerry regional timetable. I did not realize that Limerick/Tralee is served also by the intercity/expressway service. So one has to check to separate timetables. Good old CIE!

@blackgreen

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,409 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: bus/train from Doolin to Dingle

@young50s

Please ignore my earlier advice and follow that given by Mary99ireland. You can do the journey on Sunday

@mary99ireland

My apologies, I was working off the Limerick/Kerry regional timetable. I did not realize that Limerick/Tralee is served also by the intercity/expressway service. So one has to check two separate timetables. Good old CIE!

@blackgreen

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: bus/train from Doolin to Dingle

No worries Soonas,thought I was going mad !!!!!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,101 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: bus/train from Doolin to Dingle

Same apologies had looked at this last year from all angles and it just wouldn't work.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: bus/train from Doolin to Dingle

Its OK Tony,no harm done,thought I was reading the timetable wrong !!!

18. Re: bus/train from Doolin to Dingle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, May 28, 2013