We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music Festival

Which Doolin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fife Scotland
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Music Festival

Is there a music festival in or around Doolin in September 2006? This is the time I want to visit Co Clare.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music Festival

Well, there's the Matchmaker's Festival in Lisdoonvarna in September that's supposed to be fun and is well covered. Cheers.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,419 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music Festival

Boru, that's not a music festival (although there will be music at it) so unless Marathon is looking for a partner Lisdoonvarna would not be a choice...

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Music Festival

Well if they don't make beautiful music with someone, at least they can listen to it. :-) Coincidentally, Doolin's main festival, renamed this year to The Russell Festival, was on last weekend. Cheers.

Fife Scotland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Music Festival

Thanks for the replies. Is it true that ANYTIME is a good time to go do Doolin, or put it another way - is there any time I shouldn't go?

Doolin
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Music Festival

If you are looking for Irish Traditional Music, Doolin is it any time of year. Sometimes even midwinter - midweek. You just never know. Hey, people like Davy Spillane actually live here.

Lisdoonvarna, hmn, it wouldn't be my kinda thing nowadays. But many of people come there in September and enjoy it endlessly. So I'd say 'You should try everything once'! Over 18's only :-)

When not to come to Doolin? - Only if you have been here before and did not like it. Yeah, there is strange people in this world!

Enjoy Doolin

Fife Scotland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Music Festival

Thanks all ' I´m going to go in October brrrr