We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fisherman's Rest B&B in Doolin

Chicago
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
Fisherman's Rest B&B in Doolin

Hi all,

Has anyone ever stayed at the Fisherman's Rest B&B in Doolin? They're a fair amount cheaper per night than the other B&Bs in Doolin. However, I can't find a single review of it, which seems odd. Did it recently change names or is it really new? I hesitate to stay there without a single review, but saving money is also a priority. Does anyone have any information about this place?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fisherman's Rest B&B in Doolin

I think it has been around a while. I wouldn't worry too much about a B&B not getting reviews. there are hundreds of B&B's in the same boat and its more likely for someone to give a bad review than a good one so no bad reviews could be a good sign.

ocean shores, Wa
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fisherman's Rest B&B in Doolin

Hi

We did stay at Fisherman's Rest B&B in Doolin on Oct 5&6 2006. It was about 1 block up the hill north of O'Connels Pub. It was reasonably priced, clean, comfortable, and Danny was an outgoing, friendly host! The only complaint we had, was that a cold front and rain had come ashore about then, and the rooms got a little chilly. He had offered us extra quilts in the storage box in the hall. My wife and I were ok with it since we live in the Pacific Northwest and were use to that kind of climate. However, my parents could have used some extra heat in the room. In subsequent B&B's, we asked for and got a small electric heater for them, just in case. If you go in the summer, it shouldn't be an issue. It's location was sure convenient to a pub with good food and good trad music....and we didn't have to drive! Dan

Sydney
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fisherman's Rest B&B in Doolin

My partner and I stayed with Danny & Mairead in March 2010, having been recommended to Fisherman's Rest by another couple we met on our travels. Of all the B&B hosts in our 59 day round-the-world trip, Danny was the most convivial. Take your sense of humour with you and go and stay there. It's a 1 minute walk home from the pub, parking, wi-fi, comfortable rooms, sunny breakfast room. But most of all, enjoy Danny's verbal contributions, a very funny man.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fisherman's Rest B&B in Doolin

fisherman´s rest is one of the best b&b i´ve been in my life. danny, the owner, is excelent. very funny. extraordinary breaktast.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
75 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fisherman's Rest B&B in Doolin

We stayed here a few years ago and found it to be one of the most pleasant places to stay. Danny made us feel like part of the family and the room was simple but spotless. We are going back in a few months and won't hesitate to go back to this b&b

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fisherman's Rest B&B in Doolin

Hi, i was there this summer. I recomend you to go, it´s a fantastic place, familiar, very close to the bus station. They have ensuite rooms, but i didnt was in one of this. However, the bathroom was in the next door and it was only for two rooms.

The rooms have fantastic views to the mountains, and was very clean.

I would come back sure to this place!

And the owner, danny, is very funny.

enjoy your holidays!

Edited: 5:35 am, November 11, 2010
7. Re: Fisherman's Rest B&B in Doolin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 11, 2011