We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay convenient to Dublin Airport

Minneapolis
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay convenient to Dublin Airport

Driving back to Dublin from West Coast to catch a morning flight. Looking for something with charm/character outside city center that is an easy drive (and not a Radisson) to the airport. Any recommendations?

Iowa
Level Contributor
88 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay convenient to Dublin Airport

We just spent our last night in Ireland in Malahide at Malahide house. Loved Malahide and the little town, great dinner and walking on the beach and it was an easy twenty minute drive past the airport to turn in our rental car. Much easier to drive in from Malahide than out from Dublin.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay convenient to Dublin Airport

Airport Manor is still open - you can book online - its a perfectly convenient hotel/guesthouse for the airport for an early morning flight - no dealing with traffice, etc and extremely close to the airport, very quiet, staff are great and will go out of their way for you - you can organise a transfer to the airport whenever you need it.

Its a small compact extremely clean hotel and their prices are extremely reasonable. I have always stayed here when flying in and out of the country. Their breakfasts are fab and they go out of their way to assist. They are not expensive at all for what you get. Bear in mind that if you take a two or three week holiday and stay there one night, they let you park in their gated premises for the duration of your holiday free of charge.

I would like to see how their prices compare to other airport hotels if people think they are expensive.

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay convenient to Dublin Airport

I emailed Airport Manor and they said they are NOT open. Wonder why the booking engine on their website is still taking reservations? Strange.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to stay convenient to Dublin Airport

Hi Sally - their phone was ringing with a permanently engaged tone all morning so I swung around to the Airport Manor about an hour ago when in the vicinity. It was well and truly closed - gate locked, carpark empty, lights off, and all blinds and curtains drawn. I rang the bell on the gate but there was no answer. It was like being in a Walter de la Mare poem....!

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Where to stay convenient to Dublin Airport

Tapl, Thanks for the definitive answer. Too bad. It was a very nice place to stay. A lot of places have closed this year.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,607 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Where to stay convenient to Dublin Airport

Thanks tpal, now i'm not on expenses I stick to PremierInn and Travelodge in Swords.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Where to stay convenient to Dublin Airport

Hi Tony - the HIE has been doing some really cheap rates recently. Worth keeping an eye on, and if you don't mind Ballymun, Days Inn is a steal.

Blacksburg
Level Contributor
249 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Where to stay convenient to Dublin Airport

We stayed at the Fly Over B and B in Santry, which was close to Dublin and very close to the Airport. The place is great and the breakfast lovely.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Where to stay convenient to Dublin Airport

I will put my 2 cents worth. I recently stayed at Evergreen B&B in Malahide +353 1 846 0185 or just google it, it was a perfect way to spend our last 2 days in Ireland, we even went into dublin one afternoon by train (35mins). Great rooms, breakfast, quiet location but close to airport. Olive the owner gave us her directions to airport which was quick and easy even in peak time (20mins max). Malahide itself is a lovely seaside village with lots of restaurants, lovely beach, close by is Howth with great coastal walks. NOTE: allow time for car pick up and drop off in dublin as car rentals are not within walking distance and you need to be shuttled back and forth. Tho in saying that drop off was much much quicker than pick up.

20. Re: Where to stay convenient to Dublin Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 20, 2010