We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two full days?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,423 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Two full days?

I cannot believe it is just over 4 weeks until I go!

Time is going by too quickly. I arrive in Doolin in the afternoon of Day 1 and have two full days after that, (Sat and Sun). My plans for the days is to have one on Innisheer and one enjoying the Burren. I will not take the ferry unless the weather is perfect. My question is what to do if I do not go out to the islands?

P.S. After Doolin the next stage of the trip is heading to Dingle

Mentioned in this post
Doolin
Doolin
The Burren, Ireland
The Burren
The Burren
672 Reviews
County Clare, Ireland
Dingle
Dingle
Dingle Peninsula, Ireland
Auburn, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two full days?

On your Burren explorations, I highly recommend trying to join up with Shane Connolly on one of his Burren walks (I think it is Burrenwalks.com). The one we joined was about 4 hours and only 15 euros per person. It was sizeable group, but that didn't distract from it really. Very fun walk.

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,430 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two full days?

Peter - have a look at :

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186595-c51813/County…

There's quite a few place to see, that walking suggestion is another good idea, or boating on Lough Derg, the whole area from Portumna to Killaloe is very nice, and there are some interesting spots like Craggaunowen to take in along the way.

South Galway in nearby with Thoor ballylee, Coole park and Kilmacduagh within a short drive.

http://www.coolepark.ie/

If you take the N67 to Kilkee, Loop head is quite special, and again, involves boats, but Scatter island is a very short trip.

heritageireland.ie/en/…

Any particular interests?

Mentioned in this post
Craggaunowen
Craggaunowen
186 Reviews
Sixmilebridge, Ireland
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Coole Park
Coole Park
213 Reviews
Gort, Ireland
Florida
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two full days?

If you take the ferry spend the extra money and take the ferry ride along the cliffs. It was by far the best part of our trip. I have seen the cliffs three times but from the ferry it took your breath away. The puffins were everywhere and to see the cliffs from the water was soemthing I wish everone could do.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two full days?

head down to the Ailwee Caves.

5. Re: Two full days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 30, 2009