We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Capriani/Topsail

Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Capriani/Topsail

We are in the process of planning a vacation for next month and this place has piqued our interest, but some of the reviews have me nervous. We have never been to Topsail and would like to try something different, (Myrtle Beach has been our go-to spot) yet we don't want to regret it or have bored kids. Our typical days are spent on the beach or poolside and we usually plan evening outings to restaurants or boardwalk/shopping areas... Is this something that is easily accomplished here as well? We don't need the busy hot spots...just close, clean and reasonable. Also, I have heard there is a Steeler restaurant or bar? Name and address please! :)Tthanks for any input.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Capriani/Topsail

I have not stayed at the Villa's, but I am familiar with the location. There is really no place to eat, or shop within walking distance. It is oceanfront, and from what I remember I think 2 pools. Beautiful beach at North Topsail. Not sure if the on site restaurant is still open, if it is, it's dinners only, and pretty high end.

For evening out you'd have to go to Surf City or Snead's Ferry.

Surf City, about 15 to 20 minutes south of the Villa's:

No boardwalks, not even a lot of sidewalks or a lot going on, kind of a step back in time. Very little neon, kind of a sleepy small seaside town. There is a nice town park, that use to have outdoor movie night, I'm not sure if it still does. But there is a new movie theater close by. Miniature golf also. A lot of neat shops to visit, but spread out. Check for local festival's or thing to do with your dates.

Snead's Ferry, about 10 minutes off island over the high-rise bridge.

Snead's Ferry is kind of funny, it's spread out all over the place. No boardwalks here either, but again shops and restaurants spread out from each other. Very laid back.

Rick's is the Steeler's Fan go to place. A fine restaurant and bar. Just of the island going towards Snead's Ferry. Maybe a 10 minute or less car ride from the Villa's.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if needed.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Capriani/Topsail

The villa actually has 3 pools and 2 hot tubs. July fills up fast. You can see rental agencies at villacapriani.com. It is really the nicest place on the beach. Resort look and feel, but still not over crowded. The units are all privately owned, so the bad reviews could be due to a unit not as nice as another. The restaurant on site is open for dinner. I will be there next week and will check on lunch, but the villa is a condo and all units have fully equipped kitchens, so lunch is easy to do in. They used to have an on site party twice a week in the evenings, but are under new management so I am not sure about the evening plans.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Capriani/Topsail

Thanks Astrid! I always mix that up! The St. Regis has 2 pools.

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Capriani/Topsail

I wouldn't let the reviews scare me. The Villa is one of the very nice condominium complexes in the area and it's in a really good location for quick trips to shops and restaurants.

5. Re: Villa Capriani/Topsail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 06, 2014